For the racing sim fans - GPL 1969 Mod Part 2

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Get the latest version of this brilliant mod for Grand Prix Legends here. Just had three laps round the 'Ring with the Ferrari and loved every second of it :D

Highlights include wing angles now being adjustable in the car setup menu (before, they had to be done in the GEM+ launcher for the sim), the low-wing models that were ran in the later part of the season and updates to the high-wing cars that ran in the early races. There's also some decent baseline setups up for download which are a good starting point for making your own.

Now, you'll have to excuse me.....there's a Nurburgring PB I have to go beat :)

Soldato
Hmm I think I'll have to get this game. Apparently it looks OK out of the box but the recent mods for it improve the graphics substantially?

Another forum I'm on has an online competition where they all choose a GPL car and race round a track. They aren't really very good; they really epitomise the spirit of "It's not the winning that counts but the taking part";)

I'll have to find somewhere to get this. Might speak to the racers on the other forum.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
MarcLister said:
Hmm I think I'll have to get this game. Apparently it looks OK out of the box but the recent mods for it improve the graphics substantially?

"Substantially" doesn't even cover it - the game shipped with support for 3dfx, Rendition Verité or standard software rendering support. Someone at Papyrus added OpenGL and Direct3D support a while after they really could have stopped supporting it. The GPLEA have updated all the '67 cars to make them look very, very spangly indeed. And then the physics mods came - 1965 and 1969 have been released so far. 1955 was planned, but I think is going to be done for rFactor now as the GPL engine has problems with the models that have been made for '55. Track graphics have been updated by various people in the community (Monaco and Monza in particular have seen some serious work), and hundreds of addon tracks have also been released.

Screens for the '69 Mod

And examples of three of the updated '67 cars - Ferrari, Lotus and Eagle:

Not looking too shabby for a racing sim released around the same time as the first Half Life..... :D

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
I've found a new 'drug' - the Mclaren M7 at Spa-Francorchamps. It's just...epic. 190mph sliding into Stavelot, slipping underneath a Lotus 49B driven by a mate...I don't think I'll ever get bored of GPL, even after all these years. :D

Back
Top Bottom