blue screen problem. hd i think ???

Suspended
Hey, my cousins computer has started displaying this message on a blue screen.

Is it the hard disk maybe? If so do you think by hooking it upto my pc that I could recover his information? He has all his company info on it.

Soldato
i dont know what that error is BUT if you cant get into windows and u wanna back up some info then :

Take the corrupt hdd out and install it into a working computer.....

On the computer you know that works ( the one u just installed the corrupt hdd into )

1) download a prog called BART PE
2) Boot it from cd rom
3) Once it loads up go to start, programs, total commander
4) Now select the hdd either c: or d: and on the screen next to it select another hdd either c: or d: and then copy the files you wish you backup to the working hdd....

Works for me :D

Good luck....

If you dont want to do this then google the error message....

Permabanned
Just plug that hard drive into another pc.
Boot normally (on the other pc's hard drive)

And copy data across that you want to save!!

I dont see the need for all the faffing of the above post.

Tom

Associate
On the very unlikely off chance that this could be the same problem I had...

I got the same error not long after I installed windows when I bought a new motherboard. Turns out since I was using an nLite copy I had the SATA drivers for my old chipset in the drivers section, so when I installed the new drivers during windows setup without realising the old drivers also installed, it caused conflicts.

As I say, very unlikely but more options are better than few.

Associate
Check the BIOS that the boot drive is the one with Windows on it and that the comp will try any other hard drives before CD, floppy etc.

Suspended
OP
Ok, I have hooked it up to my other pc, but I cant find any software to make xp recognise the drive. I have searched all over the maxtor site but found nothing for a 6Y120MO.

Is there any other way to access it just to transfer files, without a driver ?

Suspended
OP
carp, another problem now. when the drivers on my computer, the install wizard locates it and suggests installing the new raid driver, but when i click ok, it says accessed denied :(

looks like im gonna have to take it too a shop.

edit: should there be 3 leads going into a sata. Cause i only have the little one and the power. But theres another one that would fit in ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom