freeview usb stick

Associate
ChoÞÞer said:
wow, looks nice.. but in some places [ like mine ] i cant pick up freeview and the other free channels, is that just with tv.. or will it be the same with that? :confused:

it does say that it only works in places that have free view reception, I recon your chances of getting it are even worse with that things little antenna

Associate
They are very good if you can get a good signal, I have 2 friends who both have similar usb sticks 1 of them cant get any signal at all the other has everything working perfectly.

If you do get one and cant get a good signal, try getting another seperate arial (as the ones usually supplied are quite poor )

Associate
now i gotta be carful what i say so please somone tell me if i overstep the mark so i can edit the post

i have somthing similar to what you posted there usb digital TV stick only cost me £27

works great well worth the money but ocuk dont do em

Associate
Burbleflop said:
The MSI MegaSky or whatever it is called? I've got one too, fantastic bit of kit once you realise that the antenna is comes with is crap.

Thats the one i have :)

and the antenna it came with is the one im using

Associate
MSI MEGASKY 580 DVB-T USB Digital TV Stick

Got one of these last week, Brilliant peice of kit.

The Aerial that comes with it is a load of Rubbish unless you live right next to the Broadcasting Tower!

I bought a 20 quid HI-GAIN Aerial from Argos, Works like a charm on the Shed!

Heres a Picture:

Aerial.JPG

Cheers again OCUK!

Associate
Stelly said:
I agree really annoyed me, but the antenna was free :)

Stelly

I didnt expect the antenna to work cause it was Free.., thats why i brought the Hi-Gain Aerial!

It also Makes a difference where the MSI Freeview Stick is aswell >.<
Ive got it Blue-Tacked to the top of my Bookshelf with 2 USB Extension Cables.
:rolleyes:

Associate
are there any 'desktop' areials that are as powerful as that one on the shed?

I'm thinking of getting a usb freeview stick that can do hdtv (is there one?) but my rented house in portsmouth possibly has very poor reception and i'm not the landlord.

It's weird, normal tv has bad reception but freeview with a 30 quid box downstairs there is fine, do you reckon a usb stick freeview will be fine then?

Back
Top Bottom