Oakleys - Vault

Caporegime
I know there are 3 versions of the Vault (rectangular ones), I want to get one for my glasses. Can someone enlighten me the differences between them? I just bought a pair of Prescription Oakleys glasses but dunno which one of them will fit. There seems to be one cost £40 (X-METAL VAULT) ? Then there is the regular Vault and the Wire Vault which are cheaper at £30.

I am confused :confused: are there any differences between them?

link here

http://www.jamesandjames.com/oakley/htmlfiles/products/cases/07007.htm

Last edited:
Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I know there are 3 versions of the Vault (rectangular ones), I want to get one for my glasses. Can someone enlighten me the differences between them? I just bought a pair of Prescription Oakleys glasses but dunno which one of them will fit. There seems to be one cost £40 (X-METAL VAULT) ? Then there is the regular Vault and the Wire Vault.

I am confused :confused:
The wire Vault would be for all Wire models such as the A wires or Square wires, I think one is for the M-Frame style as they don`t have bendy arms but as to the third I`m stumped, unless it`s for all others?

Soldato
I have the soft vault for my wire oakleys, and they're not soft! I dont think you can run a hummer over it, but you can step on it (not stamp!) and they're fine, its like its got a hard plastic under the cloth weave.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I know there are 3 versions of the Vault (rectangular ones), I want to get one for my glasses. Can someone enlighten me the differences between them? I just bought a pair of Prescription Oakleys glasses but dunno which one of them will fit. There seems to be one cost £40 (X-METAL VAULT) ? Then there is the regular Vault and the Wire Vault which are cheaper at £30.

I am confused :confused: are there any differences between them?

link here

http://www.jamesandjames.com/oakley/htmlfiles/products/cases/07007.htm

My Oakleys came with a large metal vault, I thought they all did :p

Associate
If you look on the Oakley website it gives you examples of the sunglasses each vault takes so you'd probably be able to figure it out by comparing your glasses.

If they're rimless glasses then they're either Soft Tails or Split Threads I would think.

You definitely won't need an X Metal Vault because they are huge due to the size of the X Metal glasses. The difference in vault size between that and the Wire Vault is considerable and the prescription glasses aren't bulky.

Soldato
I work for a premium Oakley dealer - so I should be able to help you - I have the Cases list here - so as soon as you find out which ones they are ill tell you which ones are compatible - we are also a high streen shop but were probably miles away from you.

+44

Soldato
Kappa said:
I have the soft vault for my wire oakleys, and they're not soft! I dont think you can run a hummer over it, but you can step on it (not stamp!) and they're fine, its like its got a hard plastic under the cloth weave.

They are made from reinforced nylon!

+44

Caporegime
OP
Plus-44 said:
I work for a premium Oakley dealer - so I should be able to help you - I have the Cases list here - so as soon as you find out which ones they are ill tell you which ones are compatible - we are also a high streen shop but were probably miles away from you.

+44

Will do, but they look similar to these.

http://www.jamesandjames.com/oakley/htmlfiles/products/why81/12829.htm

I wasn't sure about the others since i remember the ones i picked out doesn'#t curve around the face as much as your typical oakleys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom