2005 fiesta zetec s ?

Soldato
I have the ST, I would any many others would agree say that the ST is a lot more car for only a small amount more, such as the better interior, better alloys, better stereo, 150 horsies, and a nice optional blue paint :) You should test drive both, although insurance on the ST is a bit on the pricey side in comparison.

Soldato
I've got an 06 model, its just a lowly Zetec, but the 1.25 really surprises me compared to a 1.6 focus, really nippy and really comfy but the ride is a tiny bit hard, but very responsive. Look really nice too. Cant imagine how much more nippy a zetec s or an st would be lol! It has really nice touches with the in dash computer, the interior seems well made (apart from the plastic of the glove box!), the 'one shot down' windows dont do a one shot up, if you know what I mean, that can be annoying.

Had a hard time finding a good driving position, but im fine with it now, great visibility and very easy to drive, + theres loads of space in the back compared to other minis.

Soldato
Kappa said:
I've got an 06 model, its just a lowly Zetec, but the 1.25 really surprises me compared to a 1.6 focus, really nippy and really comfy but the ride is a tiny bit hard, but very responsive. Look really nice too. Cant imagine how much more nippy a zetec s or an st would be lol! It has really nice touches with the in dash computer, the interior seems well made (apart from the plastic of the glove box!), the 'one shot down' windows dont do a one shot up, if you know what I mean, that can be annoying.

Had a hard time finding a good driving position, but im fine with it now, great visibility and very easy to drive, + theres loads of space in the back compared to other minis.
I would agree with this as well, the ride does get harder as you move to the Zetec-S and the ST, but then again you would expect that. I always thought that the 1.25 was brilliant in the previous Fiestas but I really don't think that it's gutsy enough for a bigger and heavier chassis of this generation. I was also surprised at how much room is in the back of these and in the boot.

My sister has the 1.4 on a 54 plate and I would say that that is plenty and much nippier than the 1.25.

The best thing about the Zetec-S is that all of the power is in the lower rev range so it's an easy car to boot. The ST on the other hand as all the power at the other end but it does sound quite nice :D

Soldato
I had a 1.4 mk6, and it understeered a lot, got a focus now which is a big improvement. 1.4 was poky round town, just dont expect motorway over taking to be special but thats the 1.4, not the 1.6!

Associate
OP
Dont think i have a hope of getting insurance on a 150 :(

Northern ireland = bend over. I can insure the 1.6 for about £1100 thats with 1 years NCB and 1 years clean driving been 19.

Associate
rdfcpete said:
What was the old Zetec S like in comparison? [99-02 I think...]

I've got one!
They are fantastic!
They look great standard and handle very well indeed. Most come with Aircon and some come with the full exlectric pack which consists of leccy mirrors and heated front screen.

The Mk5 Zetec S comes in Phase 1 or 2.
Phase 1 was built from 2000-2001 and then Phase from then onwards.

Differences Between Phase 1 & Phase 2 Zetec-S'
Phase 1

Centre Caps on Wheels
Lighter interior
Metal Rocker Cover
Metal Grill

Phase 2

Plastic rocker Cover
No Centre Caps
Boot Release Rutton
Darker Interior (Black)
Engine has 3-Piece Crank Shaft end float bearing
Plastic Grill
Additional Lambda sensor in the exhaust
plastic removable cover covering the pollen filter housing.
Has more pics on the heater settings

Common problems:

Rust under door sill rubbers and below rear lights (is covered under 6 year bodywork corrosion warrenty).

Associate
OP
Well just had a play with some fiestas today. a 1.4, 1.6 tdci zetec s and the st150. They didnt have a zetec s 1.6 petrol so dont know what its like, does anyone know how it compares to the 1.6 tdci zetec s ?

The st150 was amazing and i can afford it and want it so much but insurance just is not possible :mad:

any reccomendations on colour ? Im tempted to get the zetec s in white and add the st150 stickers in blue.

Associate
OP
Forgot to ask. On the 1.6 petrol zetec s is there much room for engine tuning such as exhaust, filter and manifold then chipping ? much power increase ? How does the 1.6tdci react to been remapped ?

Thanks

Soldato
David _b said:
Well just had a play with some fiestas today. a 1.4, 1.6 tdci zetec s and the st150. They didnt have a zetec s 1.6 petrol so dont know what its like, does anyone know how it compares to the 1.6 tdci zetec s ?

The st150 was amazing and i can afford it and want it so much but insurance just is not possible :mad:

any reccomendations on colour ? Im tempted to get the zetec s in white and add the st150 stickers in blue.
Glad you liked the ST dude, knew you would :D The Zetec-s isn't far off in all fairness, although the 1.6 tdci is only 90bhp so i'm guessin it's a bit gutless, go for the petrol ;)

Regarding room under the bonnet, not actually sure but have a look through some images here http://www.zetecs.com they usually have stuff like that. You can also get the ST seats in the Z-s now i believe :)

Soldato
David _b said:

Zetec S - White - no stripes

ST - White - Side Stripes only
- Red - Side Stripes Only

thats what I would go for.

Associate
OP
Ye the zetec s comes with the same interior basically as the st. part leather.

I seen a white ZS and it looked the dogs balls. Should i order now ot wait until january and get a 07 car ?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom