Best way to quietin my case!?

Soldato
Any suggestions i have the Akaska 62, its not bad at the mo as i got the Akaska quiet (amber) fans and a Zalman HS, but things likt the HD and ESPECIALLY the cd/dvd drive when its at full pelt in a burn can make a racket.

Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
Nero drivespeed or whatever it's called. HDD's can be suspended using elastic bands in a 5 1/2" drive bay which really quietens the rumble they make down. If the HDD's actually ticking or making proper noise then this wont help.

Soldato
Zefan said:
Nero drivespeed or whatever it's called. HDD's can be suspended using elastic bands in a 5 1/2" drive bay which really quietens the rumble they make down. If the HDD's actually ticking or making proper noise then this wont help.

Surley that cant be very stable? One knock of the case and their goes your data :eek:

Associate
Associate
soft mounting the hard drives works very well. The easiest way is to suspend them on some kind of elastics stretched between the sides of the case. I did my soft suspension differently because I wanted soemthing more secure. I mounted my 3 hard drives of gel blocks. There is a pic of my custom made HDD rack below. There are other things you should do to quiten the PC. The most important is to change the stock cooler on the graphics card to something like Arctic Silencer or Zalman HS. You already have a new CPU cooler and quiet fans. Get some soft mounts for the fans. PSUs can oftem make a lot of noise, you can consider changing it to a quiter one like Seasonic or Antec NeoHE.

dscf0979a6hz.jpg

Soldato
Check the sticky for guides on volt modding and suspending your hard drive, also have a mini guide on hard drive silencing in it. :)

(See, in the sticky almost everything is covered ;))

ATI

ATI

Associate
Day03 said:
soft mounting the hard drives works very well. The easiest way is to suspend them on some kind of elastics stretched between the sides of the case. I did my soft suspension differently because I wanted soemthing more secure. I mounted my 3 hard drives of gel blocks. There is a pic of my custom made HDD rack below. There are other things you should do to quiten the PC. The most important is to change the stock cooler on the graphics card to something like Arctic Silencer or Zalman HS. You already have a new CPU cooler and quiet fans. Get some soft mounts for the fans. PSUs can oftem make a lot of noise, you can consider changing it to a quiter one like Seasonic or Antec NeoHE.

dscf0979a6hz.jpg

nice job

where di u get the gel mounts from by the way?

Associate
any type of foam noise dampening will increase heat inside the case.

most of us have learnt from experience, best to use gel mounts/elastic as suggested.

Soldato
Yeh just avoid anything to dampen the noise, attack the cause and your temperatures wont sky rocket, but by eliminating the source, it means you don't need it. :D

k3v

k3v

Associate
its not foam, but that's pedantic. serious question though,how does it increase temperature? I would have thought most of the heat goes out through the vents and not the case walls.

Back
Top Bottom