What is wrong with people in the world? (BBC news)

Soldato
OP
Visage said:
People are messed up and do messed up things. Nothing new in that.....

Yes but these are aid workers, not your normal brand of weirdos. I dont know, I know things like this shouldn't suprise me but this just did :(

KaJm

Permabanned
KaHn said:
Yes but these are aid workers, not your normal brand of weirdos. I dont know, I know things like this shouldn't suprise me but this just did :(

KaJm

I know what you're saying. Its just that in this era of 24h rolling news I just feel 'shock fatigue'. Im genuinely concerned that its been a long time since a read something like the quoted story and was genuinely shocked. Now all it doses is elicit a slight tut, a shrug of the shoulders and then me going off to click the next link......and I think *that* is more shocking than anything else. I suspect I'm not alone in this....

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
Sometimes I think depravity pops up wherever it has the chance...

I agree. I just don't think it's in everyone's nature to be 'nice' and do the 'right thing'. It's just what's expected. I also agree with Visage about the worrying about not feeling shock. We're becoming almost immune to these things now, and that's the most worrying thing of all imo.

Back
Top Bottom