• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

summer here ! GTO 2 dying...COOLING advises !

Associate
i hit 69 C degrees ! and at NIGHT ! + artifacts
so ...
time for a cooling devise i think :(
the question is ! what's better...and what's more quiet at 100% fan work

DELETED

same price...so i can live with it ...
what do u think ?

abou the vf-700 ....can i use it for future NVIDIA or ATI graphic cards ?? ...cos if soo ...i think i made my choise already .

oh ...and should i change the cooling myself or let some technician do it for me ?

10x

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm afraid that you can't link to other stores but I'd advise the Zalman over the Arctic Cooler. It is better in terms of cooling ability and the Arctic Coolers feel cheap in comparison. They aren't all that difficult to fit, a bit of care is needed but nothing too complex.

Associate
OP
hmmm

mmm ok ...sorry first ...second it's a hebrew site of a store in ISRAEL sooo ...:) no 1 will even know how to read it :)

u wrote your answer 2 sec after i EDITED the message :p

the real question is

" abou the vf-700 ....can i use it for future NVIDIA or ATI graphic cards ?? ...cos if soo ...i think i made my choise already "
?

Associate
OP
hmmm

dude the 900 cost more 27$ here.. than the aluminiam VF 700 :(

and what's "aloooooot better" ?
1...2...3...less degrees ?
for me it's not much of a difference

but if u say to me now that the ZALMAN COLLINGS ...vf 700 \ 900 ...
will FIT any card from NVIDIA or ATI i'll purchase in the future ....
so more 27$ is ok i guess ... :rolleyes:

Soldato
1/2/3 degrees? No its a lot better than that, fi your going to buy it to keep for future upgrades why buy the lowest spec as cards tend to get hotter, get the top spec and it will last ages.

Associate
OP
noap ...

oc is ok ...
max 535 \ 590

now i'm on 525 580
it's ok

but the vf900 have more DB \ louder .
ok i'll order it ...vf 700 can get today . the vf 900(need to order) .. 2 to 3 weeks :(

btw wanted to ask u .....
if i have a hot CASE ...should i buy zalman "AL(aluminium) CU " or the "CU"
?
10x .

Permabanned
dont bother ordering it, temps up to 80oC are fine on this card, i had one for a long time and clocked it too (im also the guy who wrote the bios mod for it). average OC for this card is 530 GPU 580mem if your getting artifacts at 69oC which is a perfectly normal temperature then youve clocked it to far and no ammount of cooling will help that.

Associate
OP
hmmmmm

so if 69 degree is fine ........
so do i even NEED a 40$ VF 900 cooler ??? :rolleyes:

and what's the differences in c degrees between the 700 and the 900 ?

10x .
locutus12 ..ohh.. so ** the guy who rocked my world and made my GTO fly from 4200 to 6300 3Dmark 05 !!!

Permabanned
that be me :D no im afraid you wont get it much cooler than it is right now, i mean your welcome to try, but i dont think personally that it will make much of a difference if you use a zalman.

Associate
OP
hmmmmm

so if graphic cards made to be working at 60+ C
so why ppl still buy those COOLINGS ?

so even if i buy it i won't be able to OC more ? ...

Associate
OP
hmmm...

:eek: well i'll save my money then
i'll buy the vf 700 ...half price here at my store ...(23$)
about the 900.. i donno why... but it's 46$
i'll buy it just for the noise i guess ..it's something too .
btw ....
if i have hot CASE ... i should buy the Aluminium VF 700 , right ? cos ...heat , heat the metal .
oh and 1 more thing
how do i clean the old thermic cream ? how much do i put from my MX1 i got on that GPU ? half centimeter? ...and just press it with the cooling ?
so many questions soo little time ...
1 more :)
in the future use ...when i'll sell my GTO2 (when hell freeze) will it be easy to TEAR those memory cooling sticky sticks ? and how do i even STICK them back again (on a new card) :) ?

think i'll buy it next tuesday when i'll be at the store area

10x all .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom