PS2: Just Completed ICO

Soldato
As the title says, I just completed ICO yesterday after only one week after buying it. I have to say that it was a little short but the story is brilliant and the way it ends is just superb.

I actually played Shadow Of The Collossus (ICO2) before playng ICO and to be honest, I'm not sure exactly how they tie in to one another. Could someone please explain this to me?

The last boss (Queen of Darkness - not sure if that's her correct title but that's what I branded her) took me a couple of goes and I 'just' about made it the sword before she emitted her wave of darkness the time that I completed it.

I can see why it is considered the greatest game of all time on the PS2. At first I got really frustrated at how silly Yorda was, but after a while I realised that leading a girl who you just met out of a prison by the hand is really cute (it's just the way it's done - you have to play the game to understand what I mean by this).

So what's everyone's view of this game?

Whappers

Soldato
nice1

i played this and finished it a few years back when it was first out.The game had some realy nice graphics and it was the sort of game that you could not put down and leave it,Some nice puzzles in it also.The game was a little short but enjoyable never the less,havent tryed shadow of collosus yet.

Soldato
Whappers said:
I'm not sure exactly how they tie in to one another. Could someone please explain this to me?

Its easily explained.... they don't tie in to each other :)

Calling Shadow ICO2 is just one of those internet things that people hear and then think is true.
Yes, they both have dark beasties in and other similarities, but that's as far as it goes.

If you did want to look for a link though, you could call Shadow a prequel, but I won't go into it here :)

Soldato
OP
Don't suppose you could help me understand a baffling section of the game that I came accross.

I know it may have been a while since you last played this game. But I will do my best to recap your memory.

There is a part in the game where you have to stop the flow of water creating the waterfall (within the building)

Hopefully you will remember or know the part I am talking about. Anyway, the building with the piston that you have to time your jump perfectly on to successfully reach the window (above the watermill) contains a "hidden" door. I found it as it was a different colour from all the rest, I pushed it around and found a new room, Yorda followd me in and some block popped up from under the floor. It served no purpose whatsoever and I was just wondering if any of you had come accross this or know what it is there for.

Thanks.

Whappers

Back
Top Bottom