Wireless/Optical; Keyboard/Mouse; Suggestions?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Over the last couple of weeks my trusty 4-year old Microsoft Wireless desktop combo has started to play up? I’ve tried all the usual stuff, new batteries etc – but no joy. So I’ve resigned myself to the fact that is time for a replacement :(

I’ve looked around I can get pretty much like for like for about £20? I think I originally paid about £60 four years ago; they’ve come down quite a lot then :rolleyes:

I’ll be using it mainly for Internet/Gaming and I’ve gotten quite used to the MS shortcut keys along the top of the keyboard – so my replacement will have to incorporate some kind of easily configurable key collection...

So, what can you guys recommend, although I like the look and feel of the MS stuff, I’m not particularly loyal, so it won’t take much to lure me away :D

Suggestions please:

Cheers,

SW.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hey all,

I went for the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 Black - Retail (BV3-00007) (KB-051-MS) in the end; and now I’m regretting it :(

The mouse is terrible; tacky and unresponsive.

The keyboard, likewise, I often miss letters when typing! And as for the space bar, it may as well not even be there!

So, back to the drawing board…

My core requirements are still the same:

Wireless
Easily programmable shortcut keys (Although not essential)
Multipurpose for net/gaming/word processing etc.
As comfortable as possible?

I like the look of some of the Logitech packages, but having had no experience of them, I need your recommendations and suggestions to stop me making any more mistakes :D

I’ve looked at the MS Comfort package and that would be fine, apart from the ‘Photo-editing’ setup on the side?
I’d never use it, so it would just serve to annoy me by being there :)

Cheers,

SW.

Soldato
logi' sets arent as balanced as their ms counterparts, i've found. Take my logitech s510 media remote combo. great keyboard, comes with a wireless remote (a very good one at that) but a shockingly poor mouse.

My MS wireless desktop 5000 set - good keyboard, good mouse. however logi s510 + mx518 wired mouse = win. i keep the wireless mouse for when im really lazy and sitting in bed or something.

Soldato
The Logitech MX3000 should be a good set. I've got the MX3100 (slightly better, but no longer sold) and it's been excellent.

Might be a bit expensive, but I tend to think you get what you pay for in this respect.

Back
Top Bottom