Silverpaw Prediction League - Judgment Day

Nim

Nim

Associate
Those of you who have played the game before will already know the rules. Nothing has changed since last season, other than the address, which is now

www.goodforbusiness.co.uk/iain/pred/

If you haven't played before, feel free to get stuck in, but read these lovely rules first:
  • Head over to the registration page and sign yourself up.
  • Next, treat yourself to a trip to the predicting page, and fill in your predictions.
  • If a match is listed as (no team), don't write anything in it. Previous mistakes have included 0-0, 9-9, and P-P.
    From now on, I'm going to start docking points for this. Stop doing it.
  • Sit back until the end of the last game, and wait until the results are posted here.
  • You may then continue us your day-to-day life.

Good luck as always :)

Welcome to day of reckoning, or something. Predict well, my friends, and a bounty of points will find it's way to your door.

Nim

Nim

Associate
OP
The Season's Winners
Well it looks like the trophy's going to have to be shared between Me and P-E this year, since we're equal on both points and points-per-game. I don't really know if you'd use outcomes or scorelines to decide it beyond that. Any suggestions? FA Cup Final playoff?

The Week's Winners
Nismo and [ASSE]Hinchy, each with 11 points.

Players of Note
Rotty, for the now almost traditional honour of having a >1 points/game average.
Nismo, for having 125 correct outcomes, a fair way ahead of second place.
Me, I guess, for having the more correct scorelines. 1 in 7, baby!
CliffyG, Faz, drawoh_tesremos, daffy, and DTab, for all being season-long ever-presents. Consolation mentions to Cemetery and kaiowas, who only missed one game, thanks to turning up late, and missing out one of them on the form.

Hall of Fame
2005-6 - Nim and P-E
2004-5 - Big Kev
2003-4 - Faz
2002-3 - Cemetery
2001-2 - Nim

(I think that's all correct, anyway)

Right, another season down then. If there's enough interest, I'd like to maybe run something for the World Cup, but I'm moving house on Saturday, and I have no idea what my internet situation is going to be. I'm sure we'll get something sorted, though.

Other than that, I guess I'll see you all next season. Thanks for your predictions all year, everybody :)

Edit: links!

Last edited:

P-E

P-E

Associate
Well I was runner up last season and as you Nim got more scorelines than me correct I see myself as runner up again this season ;)

Well done mate and everyone else.........enjoyable bit of fun :)

Up for a World cup prediction if you get round to it.......put the moving of house off until after....talk about gettin your priorities right :D :p

Just had a thought.......I will toss a coin your shout....heads or tails?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nim said:
Players of Note
kaiowas, who only missed one game, thanks to turning up late, and missing out one of them on the form.

And I'm still upset about it. I've now played the last 2 seasons plus the last european champs and i've only missed that one prediction.

Congrats to both P-E and yourself.

Soldato
Hey I should get two mentions, I did every prediction too :p

Nice to finish on a high, been pretty poor this season however I have always done well with the outcomes :)

Soldato
Ooooohhhhh, just outside the top ten in my first season, not bad. :)

Don't I get an award for the best ever start to the season (before dropping away horribly)? :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
As far as picking between the two who tied for top place, I wouldn't. The two should share the honour. Any tie-break rules for such competitions should be decided upon before the competition starts. And as there were, to my knowledge, no such tie-break rules, we clearly have two winners.

Soldato
Well done to Nim and P-E, well deserved. :)

As per normal, I'd like to thank Nim for all his hard work during the season, much appreciated mate and if you need a hand for next season, I'm offering my services. :)

I'm up for the World Cup effort as well.

Associate
Thanks Nim for running it and congratulations to you and P-E.

If you don't want to set up a World Cup one, ukfpl are running one and it would be easy to set up an ocuk super league on there. Btw, is anyone here on ukfpl? I'm in league 7 now.

Last edited:

Faz

Faz

Associate
Congratulations to Nim & P-E

Thanks to Nim for putting the time and effort in throughout the season.

Also thanks to Gilly who posted my predictions while I was on holiday ;)

Associate
Congratulations Nim & P-E for the season and Nismo & [ASSE]Hinchy for the week.

Huge thanks to Nim for putting it all together again.

You can have a well-earned rest for the remainder of the month mate.

But then it's World Cup duty all the way, just so you don't become indolent. :D

Back
Top Bottom