Induction kit and a focus

Soldato
Ok, firstly can someone explain to me what an induction kit actually does, and secondly how much difference would a £20 max power induction kit make to a ford focus?

Oh, and how difficult are they to fit btw?

Caporegime
Actually i was wrong you would gain power ->

New Filter - bad location + sucking in hot air = loss of power - 10bph

But Free Maxpower sticker = + 50 Bhp

So you're 40Bhp up, well worth the upgrade.

Soldato
Want a quick way to make your Focus louder? Look for a small box to the right of the airbox. If there is one there thats your resonator. Unscrew the screws on the airbox, angle the whole thing up so you can get the resonator out. Once out you now have a loud car and have lost ~0.2bhp (on the road, as tested at an ffoc rr day). Its what i have done to mine right now :o

fordfocus9cg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
MuvverRussia said:
as it'll drag in warm rather than cold air.

Also you are planning on declaring it to your insurance company yeah? Really wouldn't bother myself, and if I were i'd go for a decent one (k&n etc).

Just pondering some performance upgrades for it really, not sure what ill make it sound good. What about a mufflertip or something else that would give perfomance gain?

Caporegime
gam3r said:
Just pondering some performance upgrades for it really, not sure what ill make it sound good. What about a mufflertip or something else that would give perfomance gain?

If you want to get more bhp you need to spend more than £20, cold air feed, new manifold, free flowing system, sports cat, but imho you will gain very little and spend lots.

Soldato
OP
I understand you need way more than 20quid, i was just wondering what sort of bang for buck things were out there at the moment :)

Another side question : Do all focus' have a zetec engine or only some and whats the advantage?

Soldato
gam3r said:
I understand you need way more than 20quid, i was just wondering what sort of bang for buck things were out there at the moment :)

Another side question : Do all focus' have a zetec engine or only some and whats the advantage?

All the mk1 prefacelifts have the Zetec-S for the petrols. Then round the point of going facelift they changed to the Zetec-SE.

Soldato
Undo the 4 screws on the airbox until they nearly come out of the thread. Lift up the right hand side of the airbox so it is angled upwards. Then pull the resonator out by slightly lifting the lid on the airbox at the same time. Then just push the airbox back down and tighten all the screws. Unlike what i did the first time and forget to tighten the screws again. :o

Its easy enough to just go out and look at it. You will work it out easy enough. :) Then come back and say what you think.

Last edited:
Associate
gam3r said:
Ok, firstly can someone explain to me what an induction kit actually does, and secondly how much difference would a £20 max power induction kit make to a ford focus?

Oh, and how difficult are they to fit btw?

waste of time. spent ages playing with different filters etc on the golf years ago.

a replacement filter was best, for about 15k, then all the dirt that collects in them actually makes it worse than a std filter.
if you get one, you might gain a couple of mph, but loose some torque (hot air) which means you will loose acceleration. but both will be negligable.

however, airbox mods for a nicer tone is good. always goto add some growl :)

hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom