Can someone please spec me a 40"+ LCD HDTV

Associate
Hi all

Well I'm planning to buy an awesome LCD tv soon... something like within 4 or 5 months max...

I was wondering if someone could tell me which one is the best and biggest LCD I can buy? I'm aware that things will change in 4 - 5 months but I'd just like an idea for the time being...

I'm really into DVDs/Games... I'm gonna be using this tv as both my TV and monitor. Being into games and all, I'm gonna need one with good response times and everything. Its also got to be HDTV 1080i/p or whatever for the future PS3... apparently there is HD ready and HDTV... I want the one where its like already capable of doing everything.

Price isn't really an issue, I feel if you're going to get something as sexy as this you might as well go all out... however I'm not really up for spending like £1k more for something pointless... so I'm ready for expensive screens as long as they're worth it.

Oh and I'm not sure but is 40" the biggest on the market now? I want the biggest possible... I'm hoping there is like one screen that stands out from the rest and like everyone will tell me to go for it... (hopefully sony, always liked em)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Soldato
I have the samsung 40" LE61M which was there top of the range model and the 2005 Eisa award winner. But as you say things move on fast, mine is hardly even into the shops yet and you can now get 42" and I belive even 56" LCD's

If you're gonna wait 4-5 months I think this discussion is pointless as prices and technology will definately change and you should see 1080p LCD screen popping up a lot more which I'd reccomend you go for if waiting.

Back
Top Bottom