fan layout

Soldato
i posted this in case central but it also belongs (maybe more so) here.

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revi..._Cobra/1013.htm

i have the above case and am just moving to watercooling. my cpu and gpu (not graphics memory) will be watercooled and i will have an externally mounted radiator.

I am going for a quiet system and will put 2x akasa amber 120mm on the radiator, i have a 120mm intake (coolermaster 4 in 1 device) at the front in 3x 5 1/2 inch bays - with my HDDs in. my pump is going in the bottom at the front.

I have 4x akasa amber 80mms left and would like to know what fan layout is the best, and how many fans i should have? I was thinking 1 intake on the side window and 1 exhaust. I have the zalman memory sinks on my graphics memory and as such these will need some airflow over them, also i think my ram would benefit from some air!

so how should i mount them?

thanks

daven

Soldato
It depends really. :rolleyes:

As adding and removing fans is easy, I'd set up the watercooling system first and check out your temps - fans can then be added and removed as appropriate (this would keep the noise down too).

Personally, I would try for one 120 intake and the equivalent of 120 exhaust (e.g. 2 x 80s in your case). You can V mod these or stick them on a fan controller to keep the noise down.

// EDIT // your link doesn't work :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom