I have a placement!

Associate
Went for an interview at Caterpillar on the Friday for their Information Systems position and have just been offered a job starting in July! Got an expenses paid night out in June to meet the other students and decide who I'm going to be living with. Can't wait. :)

Man of Honour
Going to Cali said:
Went for an interview at Caterpillar on the Friday for their Information Systems position and have just been offered a job starting in July! Got an expenses paid night out in June to meet the other students and decide who I'm going to be living with. Can't wait. :)

Nice one :)

Which CAT is it? Peterborough?

I've had so many placement interviews now it's getting silly, and I've still not got one :(

I got to the final 3 for the Perkins/CAT engineering placement in Stafford but didn't get that job. Had one with CAT Defence products also, but not heard back off them.

Associate
OP
Yea, It's Caterpillar/Perkins in Peterborough. One of my flat mates will also be working there next year which is cool. Funny thing is, did sod all prep but the job is pretty much the same as my 20 credit group project so really just fell into my lap. All I can say is keep your chin up. I hadn't found anything all year and was about to give up but something came along, and I'm sure it will for you as well.

All the best.

:)

Man of Honour
I've always got my 3rd year to go to if I don't get a placement that I want, then I can just do a placement between my 3rd and 4th years, but I really could do with the money before taking 3rd year instead of having to use savings etc.

Associate
OP
DaveyD said:
I've always got my 3rd year to go to if I don't get a placement that I want, then I can just do a placement between my 3rd and 4th years, but I really could do with the money before taking 3rd year instead of having to use savings etc.

Where are you at out of interest, Aston, Birmingham or UCE?

Associate
I got a placement in Vienna with Siemens, I have no idea what it is I will be doing or what im being paid though, which I probably should find out at some stage, well I lie slightly about not knowing what Im doing it has something to do with CMMI, but thats about all I know right now.

Associate
one of my good friends is working at peterborough for CAT/perkins, says he really enjoys it.

he did the same housemate meeting this that you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom