• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X2 4400+ Cores toledo/manchester?

Caporegime
Hi, just a quick question, is there TWO versions of the X2 4400+ One being manchester and the other being toledo? Only thing i cna think of is diff manufacturing processes or the cache size? Or have i got that wrong... :p

And of course which is better?

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

Last edited:

Mul

Mul

Associate
There's only one version of the A64 X2 4400, and it's the Toledo. X2 4400's have 1mb L2 cache per core, which Toledo's are meant to have. Manchester's have 512kb L2 cache per core.

Mul

Associate
Delvis said:
Hi, just a quick question, is there TWO versions of the X2 4400+ One being manchester and the other being toledo? Only thing i cna think of is diff manufacturing processes or the cache size? Or have i got that wrong... :p

And of course which is better?

Thanks in advance.

Craig.
They're all TOLEDO cores. All 1mb L2 cache per core, Dual core chips are TOLEDO's. Manchester is just a codename for the X2's

Permabanned
4400 and 4800 are all toledo, 3800, 4200 and 4600 are mainly manchester but some are toledo but have half the cache disabled.

So if you are looking at a 4400 it will be toledo core.

Back
Top Bottom