Has anyone been to Alton Towers lately?

Soldato
Evening all,

its the GF's birthday this weekend and Im stumped for ideas of what to do, TBH I havent given it much thought as Ive been working hard these past few weeks and her Bday has suddenly come round! She was moaning the other day about how we don't do many fun things together anymore, this is mainly due to our work patterns (and perhaps a little bit of laziness on my behalf :p ) . We've both got the weekend off though so I was thinknig what could be more fun than Alton Towers? We haven't been for years and I know she'll really enjoy that.

I therefore have a few questions to anyone who has been recently:
Is it still as great as I remember?
Is it really busy at the weekend like I remember? (i.e. will we manage just one ride the whole day?)
If it is really busy are the queue jump tickets worth it?
What are the best rides now?
Any other suggestions rather than Alton Towers?

Cheers,

CP

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A big bunch of us from here went there last year. It was fantastic fun, and we're going again:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17519496

Rita is pretty decent, as is oblivion and nemesis - there's a lot more than just those rides of course, the whole park is a fantastic place. :)

Best time to go is during the week when it isn't half term ;)

The towns around there are quite nice for a bit of an escape too. The AT resort itself is very expensive for what it is.

Don
I went a week ago last Tuesday.

Yes it's still awesome, water rides are still great, Rita, Oblivion and Nemesis are still superb too :)

Though, i'm not too sure how good the weekend would be to go, I went on a Tuesday, where the weather was cloudy. Meant we walked on pretty much every ride going, longest cue was Oblivion and that was 5-10 minute's.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Is it still as great as I remember?
Is it really busy at the weekend like I remember? (i.e. will we manage just one ride the whole day?)
If it is really busy are the queue jump tickets worth it?
What are the best rides now?
Any other suggestions rather than Alton Towers?
Yes

Yes, weekends are always busy

Yes, only a fiver and it gets you on some of the bigger rides

Rita and Air

Nope :D

Man of Honour
SexyBetty said:
Nemesis is good, but its getting on in years :p

I personally think "Duel" is the best ride, I am working hard to beat my personal best of 70000 + :D

Nemesis is getting on - but it's still better than Air. Spinball Wizzer is pretty cool as well - especially after breakfast. :D

70000 Damn. :(

I got the most at the meet last year *got accused of being a Haxin lam3r :eek:* but thats higher than me.

Looks like I will have to try harder this year then.

Simon/~Flibster

Raz

Raz

Soldato
SexyBetty said:
Nemesis is good, but its getting on in years :p

I personally think "Duel" is the best ride, I am working hard to beat my personal best of 70000 + :D

Rita, Nemesis and Oblivion were the best. Went on the bank holiday just gone.
Though I have to agree with Betty that Duel has to be the number one ride :p got a low score due to being so scared :(

Soldato
Flibster said:
Nemesis is getting on - but it's still better than Air. Spinball Wizzer is pretty cool as well - especially after breakfast. :D
Spinball Wizzer is not fun when you're about a milimetre under the heigh requirement, and i've grown since I last went :(

Soldato
Flibster said:

How could I forget about Spinball? Ive got the coolest ride photo from that :D

And since Ive been taking Mr Betty to AT, Ive never managed to beat him, so imagine his scores :p

Man of Honour
Raz said:
Though I have to agree with Betty that Duel has to be the number one ride :p got a low score due to being so scared :(

Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deeeep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

lmao.gif
roflmao.gif

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Flibster said:
Aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

*deeeep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

lmao.gif
roflmao.gif

was so scared that one time I shot the guy behind me in the eye :o :p

Man of Honour
SexyBetty said:
How could I forget about Spinball? Ive got the coolest ride photo from that :D

And since Ive been taking Mr Betty to AT, Ive never managed to beat him, so imagine his scores :p

Can't be better than Haly's photo *that she didn't buy :(* from Oakwood...

It's the "OMG :eek: I'm going to wet myself, throw up and scream in a moment!!!" look she had on her face. :D

*considers buying an autofire bit for the gun in duel....hmmm....*

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom