New smartphone.....

Associate
Ok this is probably going to be in vain but here goes: I'm looking for a new smartphone on contract. Thing is I really like the Windows O/S so I'm looking for something that runs it idealy but if there is a decent phone running another O/S I'm not adverse to change. Anyway here is what I'm looking for:

Smartphone on contract
No more than £50 on a £25p/m contract
Mp3 compatable
About the same size as a C500
Has to sync with Outlook
Not on Orange or O2

Thats about it really. The HTC Universal is just too big, but Im tempted by the samsung with the 3GB HDD which would be nice.
Cheers
-How.

Associate
OP
Whats the build quality like on those? I must admit I've now had 2 HTC phones and I've had mixed thoughts about them. I've had a C500 and a E200 and they've run well for about 6 months and tended to fall apart after that. Mind you I dont think Orange helped by sending out duff replacements, on the E200 I had 9 replacements in the space of 2 months.

I did have a peak at the Vodaphone web page but could not find that V1240 on it - might it have been replaced? Anyway I know it does not fit the specs exactly but that W900i caught my eye.

Cheers anyway
-How.

Soldato
Howski said:
Whats the build quality like on those? I must admit I've now had 2 HTC phones and I've had mixed thoughts about them. I've had a C500 and a E200 and they've run well for about 6 months and tended to fall apart after that. Mind you I dont think Orange helped by sending out duff replacements, on the E200 I had 9 replacements in the space of 2 months.

I did have a peak at the Vodaphone web page but could not find that V1240 on it - might it have been replaced? Anyway I know it does not fit the specs exactly but that W900i caught my eye.

Cheers anyway
-How.

Will have to get HTC from a dealer the other two networks dont do it direct, afaik. Is a great little phone, and much better in every way then the old HTC's. Would go for the W900i the only box that ticks for you is the MP3 part, and even that has only got around 500MB, poor imo. Oh, and its massive!

Associate
OP
Will have to get HTC from a dealer the other two networks dont do it direct, afaik. Is a great little phone, and much better in every way then the old HTC's.

Well I thought those phones were made by HTC and rebranded just like the spv.
Would go for the W900i the only box that ticks for you is the MP3 part, and even that has only got around 500MB, poor imo. Oh, and its massive!

At the moment I've only got a 256MB card in my phone and it does - just. How massive is it? I mean is it universal size?
-How.

Soldato
Howski said:
[/b]
Well I thought those phones were made by HTC and rebranded just like the spv.
[/b]
At the moment I've only got a 256MB card in my phone and it does - just. How massive is it? I mean is it universal size?
-How.

Its also sold as the i-mate & qtec and sold with a network sim. And yes the W900i is large than you would have thought, larger than the S700i.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Its also sold as the i-mate & qtec and sold with a network sim. And yes the W900i is large than you would have thought, larger than the S700i.

Vodafone sell HTC products through their direct channel and the software branded.

The Vodafone V1240 .... goto the vodafone website, click on business, and go from there.

I dont see how it doesnt fit the bill, mp3 compatible, c500 size, sync with outlook, big sharp screen, and is a smartphone! If you didnt mind it not being c500 size, i'd say get the Qtek 9100, also on the business site.

Associate
OP
I dont see how it doesnt fit the bill, mp3 compatible, c500 size, sync with outlook, big sharp screen, and is a smartphone! If you didnt mind it not being c500 size, i'd say get the Qtek 9100, also on the business site.

It does and it's a very nice phone. Its just I clicked on the vodaphone shop link not the business and could not find it and while looking for it that Sony one caught my eye. As for the Qtec 9100 its the HTC universal so its way too big, my ex boss had one and although the its nice it was just way to big. Also I've heard they have big problems with the screen breaking in peoples pockets. Anyway I'm gonna look into contracts etc. Cheers for your help!
-How.

Soldato
Howski said:
[/b]
It does and it's a very nice phone. Its just I clicked on the vodaphone shop link not the business and could not find it and while looking for it that Sony one caught my eye. As for the Qtec 9100 its the HTC universal so its way too big, my ex boss had one and although the its nice it was just way to big. Also I've heard they have big problems with the screen breaking in peoples pockets. Anyway I'm gonna look into contracts etc. Cheers for your help!
-How.

The sony phone V600i is now old and was never that good, tbh.

Soldato
Kappa said:
Vodafone sell HTC products through their direct channel and the software branded.

The Vodafone V1240 .... goto the vodafone website, click on business, and go from there.

Wow thaats realy good, so I can get the V1240 for free on a £20 p/m with 200 free mins? How do I prove I want it for "business"?

Soldato
to get a businesstime contract you can be a normal consumer, you just pay VAT on top of the prices you see. It is possible to get the phones on normal priceplans like with stop the clock etc. Give the business customer services a ring, they seem to pump out better deals than the normal customer services. (I.E. Qtek 9100 350 mins 500 Text £40, now thats a normaly anytime tariff, but the business centre will give it to me on a 12 month contract instead of 18!)

Soldato
Kappa said:
to get a businesstime contract you can be a normal consumer, you just pay VAT on top of the prices you see. It is possible to get the phones on normal priceplans like with stop the clock etc. Give the business customer services a ring, they seem to pump out better deals than the normal customer services. (I.E. Qtek 9100 350 mins 500 Text £40, now thats a normaly anytime tariff, but the business centre will give it to me on a 12 month contract instead of 18!)

Ok, so if I order the V1240 on a business £20 p/m tariff then I will have to pay VAT on top? That still a great deal, phone free and the 200 mins for £20 (plus VAT) p/m on a 12 month contract.

Associate
OP
Well Vodaphone told me today that the phone does not exist and is not avalable. Uh thats despite being on their web site!
Thank you for contacting Vodafone Customer Service regarding V1240 phone.
Please can you provide me with the correct make and model of the phone you are looking for as the one which you have provided cannot be found in our systems.

However you can also log on to our website www.vodafone.co.uk and click on 'Online Stores' to know more about our different offers.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us.

-How.

Last edited:
Soldato
O_o

did you phone normal customer sales or the business team?

The do know about the phone, i have phone them up about it before, TBH I find some customer service advisors know a lot less than i do, when that happens I just hang up and phone again and ask again :(

Back
Top Bottom