• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7600GT OC'ed - Gainward vs Leadtek?

Soldato
Deciding between:
Gainward 7600GT Golden Sample (GX-036-GW)
Leadtek 7600GT Extreme (GX-083-LT)

Want gaming performance and quietness. Being fitted in a G case Shuttle.

Deciding between these two as they both use a custom cooler instead of the reference cooler fitted on XFX, eVGA, and BFG models.

Read the Leadtek has hot memory chips as they don't contact the cooler, and as a result are insulted by it due to restricted airflow. But is greater OC'ed out the box, as I won't be doing my own.

Suspended
Bane said:
Read the Leadtek has hot memory chips as they don't contact the cooler, and as a result are insulted by it due to restricted airflow. But is greater OC'ed out the box, as I won't be doing my own.

Where'd you read about the hot memory chips?

Soldato
I don't know about the specific specs of those but I have never had a problem with Leadtek producs. Always good quality, overclock well, and the support is pretty top notch IMO. :) BFG will always be the best Nvidia partner in my eyes though, right next to MSI.

Associate
Bane said:
Deciding between:
Gainward 7600GT Golden Sample (GX-036-GW)
Leadtek 7600GT Extreme (GX-083-LT)

Want gaming performance and quietness. Being fitted in a G case Shuttle.

Deciding between these two as they both use a custom cooler instead of the reference cooler fitted on XFX, eVGA, and BFG models.

BFG

Suspended
Bane said:
Review mentioning no contact between heatsink and memory.

Cheers!! Thanks for that link, been wanting to find a review of the card for ages!!!! The temperatures shown are acceptable to me - I can live with values below 70C as most of the time my room is cooler than review conditions... :D

Soldato
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1939003
7202 with it at 650/1772

stock score was 6557
6557copy5wm.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom