PS3 Impressions and Opinions Thread **Now includes pricing information**

Soldato
Now you can all bitch about it in here :D .
Im too tired, so all im gonna say about is the price. £425 sounds expensive, but think about what you getting! A 60GB HDD, a Blu-Ray player, a next-gen console, and with (possibly) free online gaming! Well thats how im looking at it anyway.
I think they could have done more with the design of the console though, it looks much like the PS2, especially in black.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
IceBus said:
You're also getting a console that won't be able to match the 360 for AAA titles for 6-9 months minimum.

True, which is why i was going to buy both consoles. But considering the price announcement, i think its either one or the other for most people. I guess it depends on what games you like and what games are exclusive to each console. I also think the PS3 might be a better investment in the long run (that is, as long as it doesnt break :rolleyes: )

Soldato
god help it if it has any where near the problems the 360 has had with hardware failure :eek:

ill not be buying one a launch thats for sure.. ill wait to see how it all pans out first i think

im gonna need to buy 2 psps also for my wing mirrors (i mostly use consoles for car games lol ) :p

Soldato
ZG002 said:
god help it if it has any where near the problems the 360 has had with hardware failure :eek:

ill not be buying one a launch thats for sure.. ill wait to see how it all pans out first i think

im gonna need to buy 2 psps also for my wing mirrors (i mostly use consoles for car games lol ) :p

Do you not mean 3x PSPs - two wing mirrors and a rear view mirror? ;)

Soldato
E3 conference didnt show it off to well imo to much FMV people want to see in game not that.

But that aside there was some games that looked good im sure the new getaway will be good and the first person shooter although not my cup of tea to fast looked impressive in game.

Some of the videos seems to have a mix of in game and fmv the price is abit steep but Blueray not cheap and i pretty much expected it to be more expensive.

Overall the console looks ok yes it copied ideas but end of day it same controller with added gadgets not to fussed really on controller its about the games imo. :)

I think things will pick up but it was poorly presented i mean a year on and still FMV saying that though developer kits are scheduled for June (i think) so maybe will see more then.

Not looking a strong line up to be fair though the new Gran Turismo only making it HD with pretty backgrounds was abit poor. Still it was stated that there would be a far superior one in the mix and they was working on Tourist Trophy on PS2 aka Gran Turismo bikes which they finished and released recently.

Ill probs still buy there a lot of games i look forward to there exclusive to PS3 so will see.

Soldato
Johanson said:
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/060509ae.pdf

More bad news, the cheaper version will have no HDMI, no WiFi, no flash memory.
Expensive version has 1 HDMI, wifi and free memory card.

As you can see in the pics, there is now only 1 ethernet port and 4 USB ports. Its seems to have been cut down quite a lot :(

Why do you need a memory card with a 60GB drive?

Soldato
Looked better in Silver. From a cost point of view, producing black plastics is probably cheaper. Infact, makes it look kind of 70s retro in my opinion, like an old Atari or something.

Also if Blu-Ray doesn't pickup the PS3 could well be unnecessarily costly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom