Upcoming games for PSP

Associate
Are there any games worth waiting for coming out in the nearish future?

Gran Turismo 4 is the only one i have seen worth getting.

I want to know whther to spend a voucher i have on a current PSP game, or wait for something better to come along

Any opinions would be great thanks!

Soldato
Last I heard they're focussing far more on the PS3 version of GT since more people want it on PS3 right away than on PSP. The PSP version may even arrive after the PS3 version :eek:

Associate
Yea this is why I'm selling my PSP again. I was starting to doubt myself, but seriously, I can't play lumines FOREVER...

Soldato
MGS?

This is tangentially-related: a thread at GAF is reporting that Hideo Kojima's latest audio blog has revealed details on the next Metal Gear PSP game:

- Official MGS canon. Takes place in 1970 after MGS3, story is connected to MGS4.
- Big Boss is the main character, story is the formation of Foxhound.
- Action game, but Big Boss controls troops.
- Graphical quality to be on-par with PS2 MGS games.
- There will be more story and more alternative victory solutions in this game.
- No continue, when troops die they die for good. Focus on the element of death in the battlefield.
- Wi-Fi enabled battles.
- You can bet troops in battles, but if you surrender with the white flag before they die, you don't lose them.

Kojima has been wanting to do a game without continues for a long time; I don't have a PSP, but if this turns out well this will probably be the game that prompts me to get one.

Posted in the MGS4 thread on SA

Associate
I too am waiting for GT mobile, im starting to think that even sony dont care about their PSP anymore :(

How long do they expect us to wait???

Soldato
Good luck waiting for GT mobile, the only reason I got a PSP in the first place was for this game, I expected in February, then like the 5th of May or something like that... Now I can't see it being released until well into next year.
I like many others was sickened by the huge wait for GT4 on PS2, I can't go through it again for the PSP version.

Back
Top Bottom