Worth keeping Sky Sports this summer?

Soldato
World Cup matches are on the Beeb and ITV, so once the season is done and dusted is there any reason to keep Sky Sports on my package this summer or should I flick it off and save a few quid?

Not really fussed about much other sport in all honesty, and cant imagine that there will be any other football worth watching on this summer.

So what do you reckon?

Soldato
OP
Im employed so I dont get to sit around watching Cricket :p

Dont really seem to watch much other sport on the tv apart from football, Ive even stopped watching the boxing over the past couple of years unless its a really big fight and then its normally on pay per view at some ridiculous hour.

I suppose I can always flick it back on with a phone call should I see something on the listings that interests me, I just know what World Cup summers are like - football just dominates them. Well, providing we dont get knocked out too early :D

Soldato
Clerkin said:
i thought sky tied you down for 12 months :confused: so can you turn it off??

looking forward to new cricket season myself, nothing better than sunshine, beer and cricket :)

Sky itself for 12 months, but you can change any packages after 1 month of having them IIRC.

We were thinking of cancelling movies and sports until August, we shall see.

Soldato
I'm keeping it because of the the Rugby this summer (Englands 2 games in Australia, Churchill cup and the home nations tour games) but as you say you're not keen on other sports I wouldn't bother. Save yourself some beer money for the WC games in the pub ;)

Although there is always Australian Aerobics for the win!!!!!! :p

Associate
roboffer said:
World Cup matches are on the Beeb and ITV, so once the season is done and dusted is there any reason to keep Sky Sports on my package this summer or should I flick it off and save a few quid?

Not really fussed about much other sport in all honesty, and cant imagine that there will be any other football worth watching on this summer.

So what do you reckon?

Same here, movies are same old tosh repeated. Sports , well if WC matches are on BBC and ITV, then why bother.

What is the number to ring, I do not have any SKY details with me at *** office today, but can I just give them postcode or do they need card number etc. ?

edit, rang them , just £15 a month now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has to be worth keeping a couple more weeks if the last two weekends of the Guinness Premiership is anything like the past two (I'm thinking London Irish vs Wasps and Gloucester vs Wasps- fantastic games). :cool:

Soldato
#Chri5# said:
Has to be worth keeping a couple more weeks if the last two weekends of the Guinness Premiership is anything like the past two (I'm thinking London Irish vs Wasps and Gloucester vs Wasps- fantastic games). :cool:

Have to agree, both stonking games (although I did prefer the Glaws-Wasps game because at least the defences had a go). Glad to see Catty's going to Aus to bed in the new players.

Back
Top Bottom