When I restart my computer, power goes off then on...

Soldato
How do I stop the power from going off then on when I restart the computer?
I have an ASUS P5WD2 PREMIUM mobo.

Someone with the same mobo as me said that this is normal? Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Soldato
Indeed, I'd have thought that was normal. I'm confused as to why it's a problem anyway.

I doubt there's anything you can do about it anyway, aside from setting up a seperate power source for the fans :/

Ant :cool:

Soldato
williamw11 said:
Surely thats normal when restarting. :confused:

No, the whole point of the reset or restart is surely so that the power isn't cut then started again, which can cause damage and wear to drives, etc? Or so I thought.

At least I know when I restart my PC, the power is not cut, and never has been on any PC Ive used.

Soldato
Conscript said:
No, the whole point of the reset or restart is surely so that the power isn't cut then started again, which can cause damage and wear to drives, etc? Or so I thought.

At least I know when I restart my PC, the power is not cut, and never has been on any PC Ive used.

Are we talking the reset BUTTON on the option to reset in windows :)

Ant :cool:

Soldato
OP
I'm talking about going to start>turn off computer> restart in windows xp. How do I stop the power from cutting off then on? My old pc kept the power on when restarting!!!

Soldato
earlyflash said:
Probably nothing, it'll be a function of the PSU at a guess.
I doubt it, the board controls the psu and is the only thing that can switch it on and off. Try poking around with the power settings in the bios.

Associate
I'd say there will be a time between when the mobo switches off the PSU and switches it back on again. Its probably longer with this board than with a previous one meaning you know its happened, whereas you havent noticed before.

I think we need to remember that PC hardware works in much shorter time periods than we can perceive - hence your other PC was also turning off and on, you just weren't aware. Hence the wear and tear is no doubt identical.

M

Associate
Joe42 said:
I doubt it, the board controls the psu and is the only thing that can switch it on and off. Try poking around with the power settings in the bios.
What I mean't was the delay is probably a function of the PSU, and thus probably not configurable.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it unduly.

Soldato
It isn't actually a problem surely - it won't do any damage and doesn't really matter tbh.

Is there any reason that you don't want it to do this or are you just not sure why its doing it?

Back
Top Bottom