Got pulled by the fuzz!? What for...? Read on....

Permabanned
Ok, so me and two friends are driving down Newport Road in Cardiff, heading home after a sneaky KFC. We merge onto the A48, then off onto North Road (A470) and then hit the back streets up Maindy Road to their house.

(Road names are for the benefit of people who might know the area!)

I notice in my RVM theres a silver MK5 Astra following me (at least he turned off with me at Maindy Road, and I had seen him before then), but thought nothing off it! A police van turns out into the road ahead of me and goes ridicuously slow!, I'm due to turn right, so i MSM and turn right...the Astra follows. I still think nothing of it!

Get to a parking space at my friends house and excute a text book parallel park......next thing I know, two plain clothed coppers swoop on the car and tell me and my front passenger to get out!

WTF! I think - this is the last thing I need - I know i've not done anything wrong! Anyway, they proceed to tell me that they have reason to belive that the car is not mine! 3 young lads in a sports car (hold on) i said, its a Diesel MG ZT! Yer, but its still powerful init - says the officer!

Can I have a word!............

He states that he called in my plates and they responded saying my car is Grey! Yes it is grey.........XPower grey, which for all intense and purpose looks Black in most lights. So, because they knew the car should be grey, and they were following a black car (irrespective of the fact that this black car also happened to be an MGZT 135+ CDTi), they pull me!

Anyway, I told them i didnt have a problem with them pulling me as at least I knew they were initiating a move to cut down a massive recent spate of car crime in the area. Good for them - but you've just wasted 10 minutes with me when a car in Cardiff is stolen every 30 seconds!

What didnt help was the fact that my front seat passenger (aged 19) shaved his hair off in a drunken stopour the other night. My rear passenger (who is 20 but looks a lot younger due to being a midget), didnt get questionned!

We later joked about it saying they didnt question minors!!!! :D

In Hindsight, i had thrown some shapes on the dual carriageway, nothing dangerous, but simply to get in front of a car before my turn off, and looking back, I was aware the Astra had performed the same move...it also did this on North Road as two lanes merge into one - I wasnt speeding, but overtook a slower car in the lane before it merged and the Astra followed!

The police van!??? That was later found to be there on purpose to see if i'd make a deliberate evasive move! Remember.............i did...........i turned right, which then gave them real cause for concern!

Anyway, just thought i'd post a 'my interesting day moment' thread, and see if anyone can beat it! Today at least!!!

Fire away!

Man of Honour
I can never seem to get pulled over for no reason. It seems looking young and driving around in modified Mondeos and 530's doesn't attract their attention, must be something about your MG :p

Suspended
Good man for taking it on the chin and not moaning about police harassment like most of these threads do.

I've never been pulled over (in one of my own cars anyway) either.

Permabanned
OP
Nozzer said:
Good man for taking it on the chin and not moaning about police harassment like most of these threads do.

I've never been pulled over (in one of my own cars anyway) either.

Whats the point! In my mind, people who have got something to hide moan about police harrasment!

One day, it might be my car that gets nicked, at least I know they are 'likely' to be there following with this new initiative!

Was quite a young copper, i wasnt chopsy with him, I gave him my details and he didnt even give me a 7 dayer! Just said, no further action, on your way!

Top bloke, and one I respect for at least following up a hunch! He could have been out sporting an easy £60 fine to someone commiting a speeding offence, but instead, he went to try and fry the real criminals of this world...TWOC'ers

Permabanned
Oracle said:
Pft! In Ponty too! I'm shocked!!! ;) :p

lol, bloody MG driver harrassing my streets :p Funny thing is i nver once got stopped in my land rover, even when skidding over roundabouts in from of coppers! :o

Soldato
Classic, I got pulled (only the 2nd time in my life) cos I bike cop who was in his words "setting and example and pace making" on the M1. He took great exception to me overtaking him very slowly... He was furious that I'd had the cheek to do it I think. He claimed that I had tailgated him and broke the speed limit. Interesting statement- the reality was I MSMd and carefully attempted an overtaking manoover but he, without signalling swerved into the outside lane, gestured at me and pulled me over. I ended up tailgating because of this dangerous manoover. He accused me of travelling at way over the speed limit and asked me why I had overtaken him. I simply told him that I did not have an excuse and no I was not letting my concentration slip. When he realised he was not going to be able to do me for bald tyres or defective brake lights and no he was not gonig to get me to admit that I had been speeding, driving dangerously, driving without due care or attention and that yes it was my vehicle and I was insured he gave up and let me go. I love cops!!! On the other hand, I know they have a tough job to do and I know I would not want to do it.

Gangster
Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
I can never seem to get pulled over for no reason. It seems looking young and driving around in modified Mondeos and 530's doesn't attract their attention, must be something about your MG :p

who'd want to pull over an old mondeo? get a nice car and maybe you could get pulled over for no reason too!

Adz

Adz

Soldato
I was once mistaken for an escaped felon. Sitting in my Omega, parked up, waiting for someone I saw a police van drive past very slowly. I looked in my rear view mirror and possibly made eye contact with the driver. Next thing I know it's turned around and boxed me in! "Sir, please step out of the vehicle". Oh great, I think.

It turns out they're searching for someone who exactly matched my description, even down to my clothing. They did a vehicle check to make sure it was actually my car, was insured, taxed, etc then apologised and left. I wasn't very impressed with the way I was spoken to though - he kept calling me 'son' and he didn't look vastly older than I am ;).

Caporegime
I've been pulled over countless times, though oddly enough only once since getting the clio nearly 4 years ago and that was for forgetting to switch off my fog lights one night (long story)

When I had the old mk2 fezza.. I was getting pulled over with every pass of a police car.. one day I was pulled over twice within the hour, daily record was 4 times in one day, in 3 seperate counties.. lol.

Associate
Oracle said:
What didnt help was the fact that my front seat passenger (aged 19) shaved his hair off in a drunken stopour the other night. My rear passenger (who is 20 but looks a lot younger due to being a midget), didnt get questionned!

We later joked about it saying they didnt question minors!!!! :D
!

Remembering that when you told the copper your real age he was shocked that you were that old, you know he pulled us over because he thought you were to young for that car :p

Soldato
I got pulled once (quite some years agon though)...

it was 2am and I was driving back from a friends house in Thatcham and instead of going down Station road I went allon Pipers way (which I blatted down at about 65/70... 50 limmit!! - I was checking my Clutch as it had been slipping badly)... I got to the A4 and turned back into Thatcham only to have some nice blue lights and flashing headlights telling me to pull over!!!...

My heart was in my throat!... 70 in a 50 and I'd only been driving 2 years!!!...

The copper got out and walked over, I rolled down the window, he said "Good morning Sir!, Might I ask you where your going?" "Home" I answered "Where might that be?" I told him and where I'd come from, "Can I ask how come you came out of Thatcham this way only to be going back on yourself to get home!?!"... I answered (a bit cheakily now I look at it) "Have you ever been over a Speedbump in a Mini?, Let alone 12 of em!?!" :eek:

The Copper Smiled... Said "Good Point!" and let me go on my way!!!...

I've never been as frightened as then!... He'd obviously not been following me up Pipers way, but instead I got infront of him at the A4 Roundabout!...

Heart in Throat... Very Dry Mouth...

Only doing his job though!... there were a spate of late night/early morning Joy riders arround at that time arround Newbury!... But an A reg 1.0L Mini Mayfair (Cooper Lookielikee'ish) :confused:

Soldato
I've never been pulled but my dad got swooped on by a load of police cars a few years ago when he was driving his van, apparently an identical van with nearly the same reg had been involved in a robbery, so that was a bit of a misunderstanding lol ;) anyways back to my mansion.

Pug

Pug

Soldato
not today, but sunday, booted down the outside of a dual carriageway (well, when i say booted i'm talking 85ish) to overtake some cars in the inside lane, and then get back in to the inside lane to take the 1st exit of the roundabout we were approaching (hence the speed, to get by and in safely)

Halfway through this manouver and about 2 cars left to overtake before comng to the inside and the missus says:

"You ought to careful they use unmarked Volvos round here"

lo and behold the last but one car i'm overtaking is a volvo, with 2 guys wearing black with a white shirt collar poking thru...

:o

twigging, but not overly worried i finished my move, to see this volvo pull out sharply overtake the car in front and sit on my tail...

I remember thinking thats a pretty crazy move, then it dawned on me what was going on...

At this point it was a case of using the sat nav to stay to every speed limit exactly as the unmarked followed me for the next 2 miles or so.

Needless to say as i was doing nowt wrong they turned off, but had i not twigged i'd probably be banned now as the roads we were driving were real fast twisty nationals that the celica just adores...

Soldato
Ive been pulled over numerious times, mainly just ask name/address etc but a couple of times for speeding (no points/fines always got a warning :D)
about 60% of them have been ok, the other 40% were total gits though.

I got pulled literally 20meters from my front door (no offence, just routine stop), he wouldnt come to my house to get my licence and made me take it down to the station a few miles away.

Back
Top Bottom