Polishing shoes

Soldato
As a general rule I will use two brushes (Kiwi brushes, came with the Polish).

However, when going for the Parade shine there is only one way to do it, Bulling.
Warning: Will take forever to do right.

Associate
Norbert666 said:
on with a brush and buff with a cloth

or

on with a cloth and polish with a brush?

Being ex forces there are lots of different ways using cloths and various brushes, using spit and poslish and even setting fire to the poilsh first, as the guy above mentioned this is refered to as bulling.

But unless you want the tip of your show looking like a mirror thats all too much for a normal pair of shoes. All you need are 2 brushes one to apply and the other to polish.

Good tip is to put the polish on at night and leave it to soak in over night and polish off in the morning.... gives it time for the polish to dry (as wet polish is hard to buff) and soak into the shoes.

Soldato
OCdt Stringy said:
However, when going for the Parade shine there is only one way to do it, Bulling.
Warning: Will take forever to do right.
My brother inlaw likes to use a lighter to melt the polish on before he goes into work and from what I've seen it works a treat, just don't linger with the lighter too long!

Caporegime
Christ dude you ask some pretty inane and anal questions dont ya?? lol :p

Anyways on with a brush then buff with a cloth is how i do mine....better still i get mine done in Canada water shopping centre when im working and he does a great job...sits in front of the entrance of the citigroup building:p

Soldato
Kronologic said:
On with a brush, buff with another brush (when I polish my shoes)
then a last Buff up with a Cloth if needed...

That was how my Dad tought me to do it!!!... (though for best results light the polish in the tin and quickly click the lid closed to extinguish it... Makes the polish easier to apply!!!...)

In my Shoe Polishing kit I have:

2x Black brushes for Black polish,
2x Brown brushes for Brown polish,
1x Buffing Cloth for Black Shoes (from a Large lint free roll from Halfords),
1x Buffing Cloth for Brown Shoes (from the same Large lint free roll from Halfords),
Various Tint (Blacks, Greys, Browns, Reds etc...) Leather Touch-up pens,
1x Suade Brush,
1x tin of Black Turtle polish,
1x tin of Brown turtle polish.

and I mostly ware Canvas Baseball boots/trainers, and my wife mostly wares Suade shoes/boots... (though we do both have some nice dress shoes!!)

but its better to be over stocked with equipment than not to have any and not get the job cos your shoes were scruffy!!...

Soldato
On with a brush and off with another brush. Don't stick the two brushes together, keep them apart. Then for a really good shine, get yourself a pair of womens tights (15 denier) and give them a rub over with those. Luverly jubberly :D
Try leaving the polish on the shoes overnight and then buffing them in the morning, followed by some hot tights action for a great shine :D

Associate
Easiest way is to put the polish on with a brush and then use an old pair of tights to bring your shoes to a shine in no time at all, almost no effort involved and takes next to no time.

:) Ex Army too but learnt this after I left :(

Back
Top Bottom