• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HDMI connection

Associate
Have a BFG 7800GT graphics card and want to connect it to my new :D Sony Bravia HDTV. What leads/connectors do I need?

Obviously I have a spare DVI output on my card - do I just get a DVI to HDMI convertor and get a long DVI lead (or DVI to HDMI and long HDMI lead) to plug into the TV? Or am I better off (and is there) a DVI to HDMI lead?

Soldato
munge said:
Have a BFG 7800GT graphics card and want to connect it to my new :D Sony Bravia HDTV. What leads/connectors do I need?

Obviously I have a spare DVI output on my card - do I just get a DVI to HDMI convertor and get a long DVI lead (or DVI to HDMI and long HDMI lead) to plug into the TV? Or am I better off (and is there) a DVI to HDMI lead?

DVI > HDMI I would have thought.

hdmidvi.jpg

Use image link.

Associate
King_Boru said:
ah,.... might have to purchase one for my new Samsung 26" HDTV... can you get 15m ones?

If you got the sammy LE26 same as me im afraid the dvi to hdmi doesnt work :( well tell a lie it does, but looks awfull and doesnt fit the screen,, Ive had to stick with VGA :(

Associate
A bit off topic but Im in the market for a new LCD TV and I have noticed that many of the HD ready ones have a DVI input but no HDMI. Is there a quality difference between the two or any reson why I must have a HDMI input?

Associate
I use a dvi -> hdmi cable on my samsung 42" plasma works great for films and games 1080i. Though gives you a headache if you try and read text.

If youve an nvidia gfx card thiers loads of settings in forceware drivers to get it to fit screen right etc.

Back
Top Bottom