how long before I can assume a job application was unsuccessful?

Associate
I appplied for a job for work placement at Uni over a week ago and have not heard a sausage since, how long do you reckon before I can take it they were not interested? :o

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Zaphan58 said:
I appplied for a job for work placement at Uni over a week ago and have not heard a sausage since, how long do you reckon before I can take it they were not interested? :o
2-3 weeks? Depends on the company really....

Man of Honour
Zaphan58 said:

Months, seriously, a week? Is that it? Some of the placements I have interviews coming up for I applied for 6 months ago and only heard a month back.

Soldato
If you've got the job you usually know within a couple of days in my experience to be honest mate :( No longer than a full working week anyway.

Always been told the same day or following day if I was successful, can take a month to get a "sorry" letter especially if your applying to councils or large corporations with rubbish HR departments.

Associate
OP
jonno.co.uk said:
wasn't there a closing date?

Well yeah but that was just a closing date for applications which also passed over a week ago.

It seems a week is nothing so guess I shall just wait and see.

Permabanned
Little tip:

If they do ring back and say you were unsuccessful, don't just say "ok thanks anyway lol bye noob"

Ask them why, how did they feel the interview went? They'll usually tell you quite a few useful (albeit negative) things about yourself that you can work on for your next interview.

:)

Soldato
I remember when I worked at Philips and we had a placement student in every year. Took us quite sometime to decide who to interview, weeks usually :p We did have stacks of CV's from multiple unis to look at.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Kami said:
If you've got the job you usually know within a couple of days in my experience to be honest mate :( No longer than a full working week anyway.

Always been told the same day or following day if I was successful, can take a month to get a "sorry" letter especially if your applying to councils or large corporations with rubbish HR departments.
Depends on the stage he is at.... If final interview stage, I would expect to hear within a week.... The first stage? Could be weeks

Back
Top Bottom