WooHoo yet another online auction question

Associate
I know, there's far too many of these nowdays but it's just a quickie.

Im planning on buying a video iPod from here in a few weeks and was thinking of selling my old 3G version, it doesn't hold enough and i want a longer battery life, plus the colour screen and video playback is always nice.

Anyway, i was curious as to whether i am able to sell the old iPod with music already on it? I have about 1600 songs and thought it might push the price up a bit more, however i'm not sure if im breaking copyright laws or whatever.

Your input would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Ad.

Associate
Of course its breaking copyright law. You would be distributing music without the copyright holders permission. The very fact as to why the RIAA and the rest are trying to get ipods with music on from being listed on ebay.

Associate
you can always put a thing at the end saying listing xzy songs whatever assuming you have these songs on cd otherwise you must delete as soon as you recieve said product

something along those lines to cover yourself.

Associate
spirit said:
you can always put a thing at the end saying listing xzy songs whatever assuming you have these songs on cd otherwise you must delete as soon as you recieve said product

something along those lines to cover yourself.

Even then its illegal.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
yes its probably illegal in some way or another, but its one of those 'its not really hurting anyone, and everyone does it anyway, so why shouldnt i'

and no they wont remove the listing, if they did then i would have had about 5 auctions removed....

Associate
Why would you not be allowed to sell the iPod with the music you purchased via iTunes? I would have thought it would be like selling all your 8 tracks with an 8 track player no? Perfectly legal :confused:

Soldato
Stocky said:
Why would you not be allowed to sell the iPod with the music you purchased via iTunes? I would have thought it would be like selling all your 8 tracks with an 8 track player no? Perfectly legal :confused:

To make it equivalent you'd have to sell your iTunes account with it. But I suspect even that is illegal.

Back
Top Bottom