BTCC Oulton Park - 14th May weekend

Soldato
Just wondering if anybody from here was going to oulton park for the BTCC on the 14th of May

out of interest what are the best corners ? is it a good spectators track or not one of the best ?

Looking forward to the weekend :) hope to see some of you there :)

Matt

Soldato
I'm going on Sunday with a couple of mates.

There are plenty of good viewing places - last year I was on the straight just beyond Lodge corner where there was a few incidents. The advantage of being there is you can sit next to your car which was useful because we had an electric cool box keeping the beer cool :)

This year will probably try around the other side of the circuit on the bank by Knickerbrook - from here you can see a couple of decent overtaking opportunities.

Soldato
fRostiE said:
Just wondering if anybody from here was going to oulton park for the BTCC on the 14th of May

out of interest what are the best corners ? is it a good spectators track or not one of the best ?

Looking forward to the weekend :) hope to see some of you there :)

Matt

i went couple of years back, really not that amazing a spectators circuit. and so much damn mud when i went. but im used to going to brands which is the top spectators circuit in the country.

but if you must sit somewhere try down at knickerbrook as you can see them coming down the hill from the first corner into the left-right-right section and off up the hill under the dunlop bridge. or if its the island or full circuit can see them coming down the back straight into the tight chicane section.

all depends on track layout but i would say thats the best place to view from imo.

Soldato
fRostiE said:
out of interest what are the best corners ? is it a good spectators track or not one of the best

I love Outlon Park, you can get very close to the edge of the track and it only takes 15mins to walk from one side of the circuit to the other.
If you're planning on taking photos then Britten's chicane and Lodge Corner are good spots, although I think the BTCC don't use the full circuit so don't go as far as Britten's :(

I will give the BTCC a miss year, I need a break from Oulton :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup, I'll be there using my shiny new oulton park season ticket :D

I'll be honest, its the only track I have ever been to so how it compares to others as a spectators track I cant really say, but I like it, no matter where you are you will be pretty close to some action.

knickerbrook for the win though. You can see the most there.

Soldato
I'm heading up there with a mate from school who is coming down from Cumbria. It should be a good day out.

I used to go to watch touring cars quite a bit, mainly Oulton Park and Knockhill I think (back when I was a nipper!!) but can't remember much.

Soldato
going with some mates from work. Cars include One of the last made 205 GTI's, a red modded 200sx, an old M5, and my Honda CTR.

First time for me going to any racing let alone BTCC. should be a dam good day out :D

Caporegime
Good Track imho you can get nice and close to the action makes for some good photos :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom