BF2 Help Needed

just bought this game the other day and am struggling with it completely. I am tryingt to play this in single player which i have but some reason it does some funny things and i cant seem to change any settings for it.

for instance it says that i have to play on 1 map 3 times to win or something, which is a pain in the ass, if i win once why would i want to play again???,

also i cant seem to change settings like i could in BF1942, i could change the smartness of the AI bots, and not just easy medium hard like in this game, imean like to make them smarter at one thing, but dumber at another, and Bot counts, cant change them.

Another thing im having problems with is that there seems to be only like 6ish map in single player, all with no story line what so ever, is this all there is to single player? i assume then that this is a multiplayer game but with single added on.

Lastly when i sign in on the offline defualt account it seems to still sign into a server or something like that. dont understand why a server is eneded?

thanks everyone

Associate
The difficulty reflects how good the AI are. Dont know what you mean about 1942, as far as im aware you couldnt change what they were good at as you described :confused:

The game a multiplayer game tbh mate. Which is why nothing is really optimized for single play, like the small maps etc.
Get it going online and you'll realise what its all about ;)

Soldato
Mate there is no single player mode to speak of. The single player option is just to get to know the maps. This is a purely online mulitiplayer game really.

Man of Honour
BF2 is pretty much designed to be a Multiplayer game, with some Singplayer aspect to allow you to come to terms with the whole style of gameplay etc.

It's not there to provide singple player campaigns or stories, it's just there for you to practice really, and that doesn't really do much, as the single player levels are all small and do not have full air and sea based vehicles and map sizes.

As regards to the 'Winning' of a level, generally it's just down to how many round a server will set up, it can be best of 3, 5, 7 etc, before the next map loads.

It wants you to sign into an account and create an online account as the game is designed to be played online, with other people, not bots.

Associate
If you want to mess about with the bots, go into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI and change the AIDefault.ai file.

There's some instructions inside the file.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Single player is only for learning to fly mate.
I played it 5 minutes and never again.
Multi player i have many hours logged it is without doubt the Best online game to date.
Saying that the single player is about the worst to date. :p

Just find a server with less than 10 people on. The stats don't register until more than 10 are on. Then you can praccy for real and get your settings right. ;)

Caporegime
addy_010 said:
for instance it says that i have to play on 1 map 3 times to win or something, which is a pain in the ass, if i win once why would i want to play again???,

some servers have a best of three type of thing. Kind like playing 3 games of chess.

addy_010 said:
also i cant seem to change settings like i could in BF1942, i could change the smartness of the AI bots, and not just easy medium hard like in this game, imean like to make them smarter at one thing, but dumber at another, and Bot counts, cant change them.

you cant change bot counts, your fixed to 16 players. This is actually a good thing, because it was very easy to overload your CPU with too many bots on BF1942. And this way, coding the bots is easier as they dont have to scalable. And as for the options for adjusting the AI, it dont matter what you set them too, they're all crap no matter what you set them on, get on the battlefield and play some proper BF2 !

addy_010 said:
Another thing im having problems with is that there seems to be only like 6ish map in single player, all with no story line what so ever, is this all there is to single player? i assume then that this is a multiplayer game but with single added on.

how long ago did you play BF1942 ? that was exactly the same thing, just the multiplayer maps with bots in. Only thing BF '42 had was the option to play them in sequence one after another with a bit of text bolted on. Its just they didnt bother trying to pretend it was a SP game this time. If you want a SP game, try COD or something.

addy_010 said:
Lastly when i sign in on the offline defualt account it seems to still sign into a server or something like that. dont understand why a server is eneded?

good question. i dont see why either, but tbh your wasting your time with SP. Get on-line and play BF2 as it was intended !

Back
Top Bottom