live for speed

Suspended
Ive started playing it properly now and am thinking about buying it. Just a couple of questions -

1. Is there an option to enable antialiasing to set it at 4 or 6x without using cat control centre everytime i want to play it.

2. How do i make it look like the screenshots from the site and some of the shots posted in the screenshots thread like this

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cspiby/LFS/LFS 2006-04-28 22-16-07-40.jpg

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cspiby/LFS/LFS 2006-04-28 22-17-12-51.jpg

Associate
There are no anti-aliasing controls in LFS, you have to set it via the video drivers.
Nvidia drivers allow different display profiles to be assigned to executables (gamma, anti-aliasing etc), don't the ATI ones have a similar ability ?

Not sure I understand your second question :)
Those shots are probably from an online race where people were using a variety of custom skins for the BMW Sauber.
Try the skins section of the official LFS forum ( www.lfsforum.net ), or you may find your client has already downloaded them to your lfs\data\skins_x folder if you've joined a server where people were using them.

Soldato
1. Yes you can, but you have to force it on in your cards settings as it cant be done in game. Its pretty simple to do for nvidia cards, but im not sure for ATi.

2. Yes its possible, see question ones answer on how to accomplish it :)

Im running a 6800 and mine looks as below with 8xAF and 6xAA.

A warning though, becasue of LFS im showing up less on the 50K server as its that addictive when you get the full game ;) Done 43 laps against the AI today, and the only reason i stopped there is becasue the AI are so stupid they dont know to fill up with fuel so stopped dead on track.

clipboard091us.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Use ATI Tray Tools to set up a profile for LFS.exe with AA and AF goodness.

For the screenies, Shift+F removes the HUD and Shift+U puts you in custom view mode where you can move the camera.

This is with full AA and AF, originally 1600x1200 but resized in photoshop with Bicubic Sharper resampling.

F1.jpg

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
MarcLister said:
I'd say it is worth it. I prefer rFactor but LFS is still loads of fun and I've never played online.

i installed Rfactor demo and tried to join a game but it said something about being down at the moment. I couldnt even play it so i just deleted it

Soldato
geeza said:
i installed Rfactor demo and tried to join a game but it said something about being down at the moment. I couldnt even play it so i just deleted it
The server you were trying to join was down?

As far as I know the demo is quite old and so even if it did work it wouldn't be the best representation of the game. I admit this is a bit silly since the only way to see a demo of the current game is to pay for it and ask for a refund if you don't like it.

Associate
Ive played the demo of this but waht puts me off is the graphics they look really bad to me ...no way as good as the screenshots above..how do you guys set it up to look as good..Im using a 6600gt do i have to do it through nvidia's control panel?

Thanks

Soldato
J273 said:
Ive played the demo of this but waht puts me off is the graphics they look really bad to me ...no way as good as the screenshots above..how do you guys set it up to look as good..Im using a 6600gt do i have to do it through nvidia's control panel?

Thanks
Yeah, find the section that controls the AA and AF and max them out or as high as you think your PC can go. LFS doesn't have settings for AA and AF in game. It does however have some texture settings and a screen resolution setting hidden. Look in the Options and explore the screen section very carefully/

@Bean0 did you get that Marlboro McLaren off the LFS forums?

Associate
Hello all, just a quick question I've downloaded the demo, but for some reason the pedals don't want to work

I've got the Logitech Momo racing wheel and it works fine in Need For Speed Underground 2

Does anyone else have this racing wheel have the pedals working as well?

I'm using XP 64 if that makes a difference

Soldato
MarcLister - Yeah if your go to the LFS forums and go into the skins section under the BF1 thread theres load of them, ive seen it in there for sure.

Wyvern971 - Go into your controls options and make sure you have your pedals set correctly, you have to state whether it a combined or seperate axis for the pedals, then where your key config is you will have a button titled Axis, you can set your accelerate and brake pedals in there.

Soldato
Wyvern971 said:
Hello all, just a quick question I've downloaded the demo, but for some reason the pedals don't want to work

I've got the Logitech Momo racing wheel and it works fine in Need For Speed Underground 2

Does anyone else have this racing wheel have the pedals working as well?

I'm using XP 64 if that makes a difference
Yeah I've got my Logitech Momo wheel and pedals working fine here. You have calibrated them haven't you? You have to click on steering wheel I think to get to the menu for wheels. You then click on the steering axis button and rotate the wheel to get the game to recognise the input as the steering. You'd then do this for the brake and gas pedal as well.

@Stellios, yeah thought they would have come from there. I've got the 2006 car skins from there, just hadn't seen the old Marlboro McLaren skin. Looks brilliant. Anyone done/doing a 96 Williams do you know?

Back
Top Bottom