Real madrid vs man utd (spoilers)

Soldato
Beckham only plays well for England. He just dollies around the pitch for us most games nowadays.

Id sell both Giggs and Beckham in the summer to generate cash for a major midfield and striker overhaul with a quality centre back to play alongside Rio as Wes just hasnt got the character for the big occassion.

Unfortunately i cant see Man U getting past Real Madrid now. Our only chance was to keep it tight and at the most go into the second leg one goal down but we will be chasing from the word go at OT and you just know Madrid will score they are too good not to. If you follow it through to conclusion it is highly unlikely Man U will be this tie.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by DirtyBerty
Good to see Mike Riley in disguise reffing for man u again. :p

lol, 3 key decisions went against them, 1 penalty, one blatent sending off and ruuds goal shouldnt of counted coz he fouled zidane

wats amazing is man utd tried so hard and real madrid were in another world today. at times i was thinking man utd were gonna get slaughtered. Ronaldo had a poor game with someone like guti on they might of scored more :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
jesus mother of mary, 200 posts already. Is that some kind
of record.

Well I though Real were absolutely stunning for most of the
game. Never seen football like it.

But how many chances did United miss. We were very wasteful.
I know Real could have had another 3 or 4 but United could
have too easily.

I'm sure Becks was dreaming of a villa in spain or sommit.

Looking at that game I think the writing is on the wall for a
number of United players at the end of the season if we
win nowt.

Barthez, was like in slow motion for Raul's 1st goal, probably
Figo's too. And with him apparently missing France and that
Turkish bloke up for grabs. hmm..

Sadly I think Keane is finally showing he's not bossing United
like he used do. He's not controlling games anymore, that is
now firmly on Scholes shoulders and he's excellent at it.

And I'd play O'shea every time now at left back. He's so much
more confident than Silvestre.

Becks too, I can really really see United cashing in on him this
summer. He's just not as good as he's made out to be, but don't
tell anyone who's looking to buy :)

I still think United can go through. It's gotta be 4-4-2 though,
Ole on from the start, Giggs left. And we'll have Veron back too.

Real were Wow!!! Lesser teams like *cough*Arsenal*cough*
would have had a tanking :D

Associate
Originally posted by wohoo
A few weeks ago talk was of becks goin to Madrid, He would not get into that side at all imo, he has been anonymous all game, and wtf is scholes doing on the left surely giggs should be there, has fergie been takin houllier pills;)

lol thats what i thought!

it just goes to show the premiership is nothing compared to the spanish league

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Da Flash
at the end of the day we can say they may win at OT

but its really all over guys face it

I agree i think man utd have a very slim chance but i cant see real not scoring.

remember in 1999 a weaker r.madrid went to old trafford and within 52 mins were 3-0 up, that was a much better man utd team and man utd were at their peak at that time. if they are capable of that back then u have to wonder what they will do at old trafford :eek:

Real's players are made for the big matches, they are born for these matches man utd played good but R.Madrid were untouchable at times.

Look at zidane, i can remember only 1 man utd player getting the ball off him in the whole match

arsenal couldnt of beaten them either, im not gonna say we could have but we wouldnt of got a tanking like u did though :p

Associate
Originally posted by Afterlife
Beckham only plays well for England. He just dollies around the pitch for us most games nowadays.

Id sell both Giggs and Beckham in the summer to generate cash for a major midfield and striker overhaul with a quality centre back to play alongside Rio as Wes just hasnt got the character for the big occassion.

Unfortunately i cant see Man U getting past Real Madrid now. Our only chance was to keep it tight and at the most go into the second leg one goal down but we will be chasing from the word go at OT and you just know Madrid will score they are too good not to. If you follow it through to conclusion it is highly unlikely Man U will be this tie.

wtf wes is quality and so is giggs but becks can go and keano (i h8 to say this) looked 1000 paces of the ball :( we needed veron today! imho

Last edited:
Permabanned
Look manu`s probs are easy to fix, fergie keeps messing with formation, i mean scholes and keane in the middle, giggs on the left, and ruudvandivalot and ole upfront, straight 442, which in all reality has bought a lot of sucess for ur lot, if it aint broke dont fix it :p

Soldato
OP
wes looked like he had bottled it at times, he is very young. Silvestre didnt look like he was too happy but who would be against figo :eek:

Soldato
Immense game, they should make those 120 mins not 90. Fantastic display by Real, one which everyone was expecting when they got all their stars & tonight they really put it on. However Man U did not play badly. They made LOTS of chances, both teams could have had over 5 goals a piece but in the penalty area they just couldn't turn on goal & had to play across.

Fair play to Madrid though, deserved the win as they were able to put the shots in on goal & just simply dazzled everyone with their skill.

Associate
I had a look at Sky Sports live feed and as far as I could tell

Real had 19 goal chances

United had 15.

Don't know the percentages wide or on target but still its not
like United to only get 1 goal from 15.

It's not like Real were stunning in defence either.

If United don't get through, there'll be hell to pay in the dressing
room. Becks better hand out the crash helmets.

Soldato
Not a lot more to add about the game - Real in the first half were simply breathtaking. I've also got to congratulate the rest of you on one of the most entertaining spoiler threads ever, I lost track of the amount of times I nearly PMSL. :D

Soldato
OP
im glad arsenal didnt play them today :D

i can only think of about 4 shots on target for real, real are useless at defending and cant defend set pieces, man utd simplyu

also beckham simply freezes when he has to play against carlos, its a mental block

Man of Honour
Originally posted by kaiowas
Not a lot more to add about the game - Real in the first half were simply breathtaking. I've also got to congratulate the rest of you on one of the most entertaining spoiler threads ever, I lost track of the amount of times I nearly PMSL. :D

I think thats cos I wasn't annoying everyone with my take on the game :D

I did like my 'Ruud is on fire' though ;)

Man of Honour
Aboslutely stunning from Madrid at times, it was like watching fantasy football. Easily the best I've ever seen from a team in my own lifetime. Imagine how bad it could have been had Ronaldo played well! :eek:

Still, I'm glad Man Utd scored as a) it proved my prediction correct :D and b) makes for a much more interesting 2nd leg as they have to go balls out which will give Madrid plenty of room on the counter attack.

Permabanned
Wow - what a game
I'm surprised anyone actually stopped watching to post during the match :)

United played quite well towards the end,but boy the gulf in skill was frightening.Not knocking Utd,anyone would have been blown away by that 1st half performance from Real,no wonder Fergie wanted Carlos banned :)
to be fair to RvN (for a change) he looked to be the only manc up for the match,probably the best i've seen him play this season.Beckham on the other hand was very disappointing and wouldn't get a sniff of getting in that Real team -they're hardly short of free kick takers
I think i'll watch that again later -maybe even record it (of course i'll have to edit out all the bits where Andy Townsend is talking)

Man of Honour
Fergie will be delighted tonight I'm sure, he's managed to get away intact with "only" a 3-1 defeat. Brown used both his arm and leg to bring Ronaldo down, nowhere near the ball and that was a clear a penalty as you will see. It was deffo a Handball by Barthez too, even if contact was first made inside the area, as soon as his arm crossed the line it should have been a freekick and yellow card at the very least. He looked a bit dodgy allround in the first half actually, taking risks by refusing to kick backpasses with his right foot. Good save from a deflected Carlos shot in the 2nd half though. Anyway on the basis of the Madrid performance and Riley-reffing 3-1 is a great result for Man utd.

Madrid took their foot off the gas a bit when it went to 3-0, understandably so, but a shame cos I was enjoying their play and it let Man Utd back into the game a lot more in the 2nd half, which was pretty even. In the 2nd leg, they will need mammoth performances from 9-11 players I think, rather than just 1 or 2 like tonight. The defence and keeper will have to play a perfect game to keep Real down to 1 goal max, and Giggs, Beckham and Veron will have to pretend to be playing for their countries and turn on the style to create 3 goals for MU.

Back
Top Bottom