i need to check my temperatures

Associate
hi

i have recently installed a new vf900 to cool my 6800 video card, i have this set to low as its in a htpc and in my living room so i need it as quiet as possible. the nvidia display properties tells me temp is 52c and 38 ambient. Is this ok, this is with pc idle.

There is a zalaman cooler on the cpu and i have that set to low as well.

How do i check my temperatures at idle and under load to see if my cooling is ok, everything is running stock.

also are there any other temperatures i should be monitoring ie motherboard, is there any program that will monitor all temps and warn if too high?

Soldato
As MBM5 stopped being updated ages ago, it may be that your board isn't supported.

Personally, I prefer Everest to SpeedFan, as it gives loads of useful information and stats. This won't allow you to change fan speed on the fly though, so in that respect, SpeedFan / MBM5 would be the thing to get.

Associate
OP
thanks for the info guys ill take a give speedfan and everest a try too and see what i prefer.

at the moment i have mbm5 installed and it tells me my cpu temp is 25c and my case temp is 25c, however the nvidia properties temperature display is 52c for the gpu and 38 ambient. should the case temp in mbm5 and the ambient temp in nvdia temp display not be quite similar.

can you tell me how i test my temperature for my gpu and cpu when they are under load

Back
Top Bottom