How much would you pay for..

The Canon 18 - 55 Kit lens

A Sigma 70 - 300 Macro APO (non DG) with a small chip in the front element. Not noticable till you bump the Aperture up.

Canon 75 - 300 USM ( hardly used)

Sigma SA-7 SLR Camera with Sigma 28 - 80 HF and 70 - 300 macro Non APO & Sigma infra Red remote release

Trying to get shot of the old so I wondered if anyone knew what prices I should expect to sell for..

im not looking for a mint but just an Idea what to let them go for would help loads.

Associate
I usually use ebay to work prices out. If you search for the item you are selling and then change the search options on the right to select "used" and "completed listings" (it asks you to sign in for this). You can see what they have been selling for. Should give you an idea.

Is the Canon 75 - 300 USM the mk III version? I'm looking around for a cheap 300mm lens so could be interested. Although, not sure I could afford it this month. Got a stag do abroad on Thu that is taking a large chunk of my cash this month :D

Soldato
the canon 75-300 will go for around £100 if in good condition, the sigma 70-300, maybe £40 due to damage (a guess), 18-55 kit lens usually goes for around £40-£50 on ebay and haven't a clue about the sigma slr i'm afraid

no way! well the Canon zoom is in mint condition and I believe it is the mkIII. the kit lens had a few months use and was quicky replaced by the 17 - 40 L so thats in good condition as far as I can tell.

Yeah the Sigma Zoom is a shame to had suffered damage. It would be a great lens to get cheap and get fixed. If you use it at 5.6 its great!

They are going on the bay so I will see.

Associate
providing photos of the physical damage, and the IQ the lens can deliver with that damage, will garner you more bids. Nobody really wants a lens with a chipped element, no matter how small - but if you show them that it really aint that bad, then they're more likely to want it.

hoodmeister said:
providing photos of the physical damage, and the IQ the lens can deliver with that damage, will garner you more bids. Nobody really wants a lens with a chipped element, no matter how small - but if you show them that it really aint that bad, then they're more likely to want it.

Yeah exactly. I am going to photograph the damage with a macro lens.

^^Gord^^ said:
Is the Canon 75 - 300 USM the mk III version? I'm looking around for a cheap 300mm lens so could be interested. Although, not sure I could afford it this month. Got a stag do abroad on Thu that is taking a large chunk of my cash this month :D
I think it is the markIII

Drop us an email or msn if your intrested.

Back
Top Bottom