Problem with my local garage

Suspended
I have a '99 Ford Focus which has gone into my local garage which my dad has used for 15 years with no problems for new anti-roll bar link and springs all round.

When taking the car in on monday I was told that it would be done by tuesday (yesterday) so I told the guy I wouldn't need a courtasy car as I wasn't at work until wednesday.

Anyway, I called the garage yesterday to find that they hadn't even started work on the car. I was disappointed, but was assured that the car would be ready for today and arranged to get a loft to work.

I have just called the garage again to find that they still haven't started work on the car, and wont do until tomorrow. At this point I told the guy that I would need a courtasy car as I'm supposed to be driving to Telford this evening but was informed that because I'm under 21 (19) they couldn't cover me to drive one of their cars.

Is this normal or just bad practise on part of the garage? I would have thought they would cover for younger drivers who need their cars fixed to have a courtasy car.

Soldato
I asked my Hyundai dealer for a car when I took my Getz in for a service... but all they had in was the Coupe and there wasn't a chance in hell they were letting my borrow that :D

It suck's, but most places won't lend a car to anyone under 21 :(

Back
Top Bottom