Half Life 2

Soldato
How much could I buy Half life 2 for the cheapest because when I first built this pc I never had enough to buy G.O.T.Y edition so any suggestions where I could get HL2 from cheap as possible :D

Man of Honour
Well you've got a couple of choices.

Try and find an original retail version, but I doubt many(any) exist really, and any ones on eBay I'd be weary of the CD key already being used.

Game Of The Year edition can be had online for £24.99, still quite expensive, but you do get:

Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Counter-Strike: Source
Half-Life 1: Source
Day of Defeat: Source

But, if you go for a Steam bundle, go for the Source Premier Pack:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=package&SubId=80&

Tha works out to be £33 once VAT and conversion has been made. That, you get all the above, PLUS:
Half-Life 2: Episode One

Which is worth £15 on its own.

So....

Go for the Source Premier Pack on Steam, best bet in my opinion, best value for money.

And if you really want to go all out, and get every Valve game, go for the Valve complete pack:
http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=package&SubId=81&
That's about £45, but you get so much in that bundle it's silly.

Caporegime
You can buy it on the 'bay. It doesn't matter if it's already been installed, so long as the seller gives you the account details. I've got it this way. Sure, it means that my Steam account name is some random thing, but that's no big deal.

Man of Honour
vonhelmet said:
You can buy it on the 'bay. It doesn't matter if it's already been installed, so long as the seller gives you the account details. I've got it this way. Sure, it means that my Steam account name is some random thing, but that's no big deal.

As long as the account details are okay, and the seller has good feedback. There's always the chance things would go a little wrong.

If you do buy an account, make sure if they have a retail copy of Half-Life 2 they send it you. As they can turn around to valve and say their Steam account got taken from them, and then prove to valve that they own the cd-key etc.

Caporegime
DaveyD said:
As long as the account details are okay, and the seller has good feedback. There's always the chance things would go a little wrong.

If you do buy an account, make sure if they have a retail copy of Half-Life 2 they send it you. As they can turn around to valve and say their Steam account got taken from them, and then prove to valve that they own the cd-key etc.

Oh, natch. It's usually fairly easy to find a decent sale though. So long as they have a picture of the actual copy they are selling (easy to fake, I'm sure, but it is some assurance) and they are due to send you that, then you should be fine.

Man of Honour
Efour2 said:
Personaly id never buy a steam account from the bay.

Id get a steam Silver? package or whatever they call it now, it includes all the mods worth playing.

No such thing as silver now, they've made loads more packs to get more money out of people. Only viable ones now are the two I suggested above.

Back
Top Bottom