Windscreen Wash

Soldato
Hello all,

Normally i yoyck the old mans bottle of windscreen wash when i go and see the folks but seen as i haven't been up there for a while i need to get some for myself. I had a gander in Halfords on the way home last night but i could not, for the life of me, find anything similar.

Anyone recommend me some additive and where the hell to get it from?

Tar very much

Soldato
Depending on weather you want 'Concentrate' or 'Ready-Mix'...

Concentrate ones come in 500ml or 1Ltr bottles that look similar to Fizzy Pop Bottles... They're either Bright Blue or Bright Pink (and Sometimes even Bright Green).... Check the BRIGHT part of the description

Ready-Mix ones come in Mahoosive 5Ltr bottles that look like Large 5Ltr Water/Liquid Container Bottles... in either (again) BRIGHT: Blue, Pink, Green, and also Yellow :D

Though I've done that before!... Walked round Halfords and couldn't find em... I asked the bloke on the till and he pointed toward a very large pallet outside the front door Full of Blue and Pink bottles... :( (slight embarrisment!!)...

Soldato
Both do the same job.

One you pour straight in, the other you pour in then add some water.

Hint: It's usually cheaper to get the concentrate stuff, and add water yourself ;)

And if you go to a motor factor's, rather than Halfords, you may be able to get it even cheaper. My dad just paid something stupid like £5 for a box of 5x 2 litre concentrated bottles. The same stuff would cost you like £40 from Halfords!

Soldato
ConfusedTA said:
And if you go to a motor factor's, rather than Halfords, you may be able to get it even cheaper. My dad just paid something stupid like £5 for a box of 5x 2 litre concentrated bottles. The same stuff would cost you like £40 from Halfords!

Hes right, I work in a motor factors and we generally destroy halfords on price. Its best to buy concentrate, we sell gallon bottles for a few quid.

Back
Top Bottom