Citrix Help needed!

Permabanned
We have 3 citrix servers all load balanced and have been working fine for the last 3 years.

However today the load balancing seemed to go crazy, 50 on one server, 30 on another and none on one of the servers.

When I checked the Load balancer on the server (CPU utilization) it said that the server with no one on was using 100% CPU, even though Task Manger said that CPU usage was 0%.

I changed the load evaluator to monitor memory instead, and instantly the same server was reporting 100% memory using, again Task Manager showed a different story.

I got round it by using the "user load" evaluator and the server is now happily allowing connections again.

any of you Citrix bods know why this is happening?

Permabanned
OP
Really need some help on this guys, if anyone has any experience of Citrix please help a sysadmin in need.

One of our 3 citrix servers is refusing to load balance with the other 2.

in the Load Manager monitor it is showing 100% CPU usage, even though in the task manager on the server it shows normal CPU usage 10 - 20%.

Anyone know why this is? seen this before?

I switched it's load evaluator to using Server user Load instead and that seemed to work for a short while.

However once again it just stopped letting people on, this time it's load manager monitor was reporting 0% (as there were no users on it), but it is just not balancing them out.

There is nothinng unusual in the event viewer, the only thing I can see is on the primary citrix server is the following error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1015
Date: 09/05/2006
Time: 09:13:09
User: N/A
Computer: LCH-CTX
Description:
The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function "TermService" in the "C:\WINNT\system32\perfts.dll" Library to finish has expired. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

i am sure we have had this error for a while and it hasnt caused issues before.

Permabanned
OP
Just an update on this.

We are still having the problem, but have cleared the error from the event logs thanks to a hotfix from MS, however it did not resolve our Citrix problem.

We have also tried removing the server from the farm and re-adding it, with no joy.

Here is a screenshot of the problem:

loadeval.png

As you can the load manager monitor is reporting 100% CPU usage, the "qfarm /load" command is showing full load, but Task Manager shows little/no CPU usage.

Soldato
We've had a similar issue lately, the server refuses logon's, both citrix and windows and seems to be running 100% from the load manager but when i ran remote task manager, the actual cpu usage on the box is 0%.

We've been racking our brains about this for a week now and still haven't come up with anything :(

Permabanned
OP
YEYEYEYEYEYEYEY w000ty w000ty w000t w000t.

Thank you whoever recomended Centralis.co.uk

I visited their site, noticed they were doing a special offer for 1 free support call, registered, made my free support call at about 4:45 and and at 5:45 they had the problem fixed!!!!

WINNER!!!!!

We solved the problem by checking the performance monitor dll's and found the PerfOS was not enabled.

We enabled it and re-published the desktop on the offending server and all is now well and good.

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom