Fancy a laugh at my expense?

Associate
I've just spent a pleasant hour or two walking around the woods with the camera taking shots of anything that caught my eye. Feeling quite pleased that I'd got some good (for me) shots.

Get back home to spot the memory card on the kitchen worktop........... :o :D :D

Ah well, the woods will still be there tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Reviewed the shots whilst stored in the buffer but didn't see the 'NO CF CARD' prominantly displayed across the top, eye went straight to the image/histogram.....

Soldato
The best way to learn is by making mistakes, I'm sure you won't do that again now any time soon :) I wouldn't say it was a wasted day really though, I find it relaxing and enjoyable to go out to take pictures, thats where most of the enjoyment is, although its nice to look at the results afterwards.

Associate
OP
Absolutely :)

I'm lucky in that I spend most days out in the fields watching life pass by in beautiful Suffolk countryside, camera at the ready.

tractortankerc.jpg

Still have a hell of a lot to learn but enjoy every minute, even when it goes embarrassingly wrong :D

Associate
I had a similar experience when I took my camera to a local bird of prey centre. I checked the camera battery, cleaned the lenses etc. Got to the place, took my first picture...no cf card...grr I had left both at home! :rolleyes: :D Still it did leave me more time to show my daughter around :)

Ouch..just had a thought..imagine doing that but having to photo a wedding! :eek:

Our local pro-lab we use told me a story whereby a wedding photographer ran into his shop wanting a film to be developed then and there so he can go back to the bride & groom to give them their photos before their honeymoon. He was furiously rewinding and stopped realising he had forgot to put film in the camera (think it was medium format) :eek: Imagine that...poor guy! hehe

Soldato
Oh yeah been there. I normally take both my batteries out and charge them one by one. However, after turning up for 2 jobs without any batteries in my camera I have learnt to always leave a battery in :)

Back
Top Bottom