Who uses Citrix?

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I look after 4 Citrix servers with around 100 clients plus a load of other servers running verious bits an bobs.

Associate
I've been the end user of citrix before, and we have supported it to a certain extent, really just booting users and helping set up the server farms, nothing actually on the servers like your problems seems to be so I have used it, I do knwo what it is...but not enough :p

It is something I do really want to get a shot of though, its a mighty handy tool

Permabanned
Never had any experience of Citrix and judging by the replies to this thread I will consider this to be "a good thing", so it will be going in the same box as "Novell".

i.e. if I have a job interview, and I ask the interviewer what directory service they run, and the answer corresponds to one of the contents of the box, I say "thanks but no thanks" :)

Associate
Been part of a rollout to upgrade a companies Winterms - the guy actually rebuilding the servers from 1.8 to XPE is having a barrel of laughs!! Or not.

Permabanned
Sorry for what is presumably a rather newb question, and this isnt an attempted thread hijack but....what exactly does Citrix do and what are its advantages/ disadvantages compared to Netware/ Pure AD/ Samba ?

(pretend Im your PHB :) )

Back
Top Bottom