I cant decide - wich isp again!

Soldato
I'm currently on EvolutionDsl max 8mb, and as everyone knows its rubbish.

Cutting to the chase I want an 8mb isp thats not too pricey, £25 - £30pm, I download a lot with bittorent, though not huge amounts, doubt I would get anywhere near 50 gig a month. Im thinking of going for Nildram, even though they have that fair usage policy, it wouldnt really bother me as I do most of my downloading at night anyway.

My choices are.. Nildram / Zen / or Eclipse, after trawling these forums and ADSL guide, these seem to be the best isps.

As long as these are good fast connections and monthly contracts, that would do me, unlike my current isp. Any opinions?

Associate
they have a fair use policy, basically download much as you like offpeak which is 12midnight to 7am I think.

other than that there 50gb Cap kicks in, thinking of migrating myself.

Virgin have just denied my 8mb upgrade.

Associate
Another vote for Nildram here. Been with them 2 years and never had a problem.
Their customer service is excellent. There is a 50Gb 'fair usage quota' like Azrael said, but only at peak times.

There is no 'throttling' at all. They don't block any ports except the SMTP port (25 I think?) which most ISP's do anyway.

HTH,
Russ.

Man of Honour
Worth mentioning that if you use less than 50gig a month, any left over is rolled over to the following month. e.g. if you use 30gig one month, you will get 80gig the next.

The poster above me makes a valid point, although it assumes that the isp has enough customers to generate sufficient revenue. It is also true that by and large you are more likely to experience slow performance due to congestion at your local exchange rather than on your ISPs network.

Back
Top Bottom