Delivery options

ajm

ajm

Associate
In the past i have had deliveries from Royal mail,Amtrak and city link and out of them all City link were the most disapointing.

Royal mail -delivered by 11am
Amtrak -delivered by 11am
City Link -delivered 3.45pm

Yet i payed the same price for delivery on each courier.I waited best part of the day for the delivery expecting it to arrive before 12.00 even though it just states next day delivery on Overclockers.

Poor service from City Link compared to the others.
Anyone else feel the same?

Man of Honour
Unless you pay extra for pre-9am/10am/midday etc, you are paying for a standard daytime delivery, which can be anywhen from 9am to 5pm.

The time it arrives basically depends on how far your house is from the depot.

Soldato
I've had CityLink deliveries before 9am before, but usually around lunchtime. Amtrak were 100% after 1pm when OcUK used to use them.

RM have always been good round here

Man of Honour
I always try to use royal mail. As they have loads of local depots. Rather than having to travel 30miles to pick up a parcel..

If it's royal mail. I hardly ever wait around for them, I'll just go pick it up.

Commissario
Otacon said:
Courier service greatly varies from region to region. One man's reliable courier it another mans nightmare.

Bingo :)

I've found that with City Link i tend to get deliveries around noon to 2pm, Amtrack tended to be around 3-5pm, RM around 9am, SD around noon, Tuffnels around 6am (I kid ye not - we're 5 minutes from a depot)

Associate
Werewolf said:
Bingo :)

I've found that with City Link i tend to get deliveries around noon to 2pm, Amtrack tended to be around 3-5pm, RM around 9am, SD around noon, Tuffnels around 6am (I kid ye not - we're 5 minutes from a depot)

lol 6am, bit harsh.

Soldato
As has been said, it varies from area to area.

City Link are terrible near me but Royal Mail and Amtrak are superb.

I actually bought something from ocuk yesterday and paid extra to have it delivered RMSD as I know they'll be at my house early.

In fact I missed them this morning, by 5 minutes but as the posty was on his way out of the village he noticed our car was back outside so dropped my parcel off for me.

Soldato
Arriving at 3.30 doesn't strike me as "terrible" at all, you're paying for a delivery some time during the day, why should it necessarily be before 12? If that's what they said they'd do (ie like RM special delivery) then that's one thing, but for all day delivery 3.30 seems quite respectable. Only delivering in the morning would be completely illogical!

Associate
only had two things delivered by citylink, once from here, and once from another site. From the other site, it was at my work by 9am the next day, which was nice. The delivery from here to my home arrived at about 10am. I have had mroe problems with SD than with sitilink. Then again, maybe I'm lucky.

Soldato
Citylink in Cornwall are very good (Home)- Will always turn up within 1/2 an hour of 12:30.
Business Post on the other hand had me waiting until nearly 5pm :mad:

At my Uni accomodation (Norwich), they have turned up anywhere from 10 to 3; Not so good :rolleyes:

-Leezer-

Soldato
PinkPig said:
Arriving at 3.30 doesn't strike me as "terrible" at all, you're paying for a delivery some time during the day, why should it necessarily be before 12? If that's what they said they'd do (ie like RM special delivery) then that's one thing, but for all day delivery 3.30 seems quite respectable. Only delivering in the morning would be completely illogical!

Dont even try to understand what goes through peoples head when they say getting a delivery next day is "terrible" service.
Its like trying to explain to idiots who dont have names or numbers on their houses why you cant find them, or people who dont put what road they live on, or even worse, just put a post town but no actual address.

I had a delivery yesterday:

Mrs Howell.
Sutton on Sea.

YOU cant be bothered to give me an address, I cant be bothered to look for you.

Better still are the ones you call at who are out, you leave a card, you get a call at 6pm-
"Why did you call at 11am i was at work"
"Hey thats a coincedence so was I"
"No i mean i was AT work not in the house"
"Yes i gathered that, thats why i left you card"
"What kind of delivery driver calls when someone is out?"
"Well it is you that ordered the stuff, what kind of idiot orders 10 packs of hardwood flooring on a next day must be signed for delivery then buggers off out?"
etc etc etc.
:/

Associate
atpbx said:
Dont even try to understand what goes through peoples head when they say getting a delivery next day is "terrible" service.
Its like trying to explain to idiots who dont have names or numbers on their houses why you cant find them, or people who dont put what road they live on, or even worse, just put a post town but no actual address.

I had a delivery yesterday:

Mrs Howell.
Sutton on Sea.

YOU cant be bothered to give me an address, I cant be bothered to look for you.

Better still are the ones you call at who are out, you leave a card, you get a call at 6pm-
"Why did you call at 11am i was at work"
"Hey thats a coincedence so was I"
"No i mean i was AT work not in the house"
"Yes i gathered that, thats why i left you card"
"What kind of delivery driver calls when someone is out?"
"Well it is you that ordered the stuff, what kind of idiot orders 10 packs of hardwood flooring on a next day must be signed for delivery then buggers off out?"
etc etc etc.
:/

whatever.

IF you pay for a delivery before x o'clock it should be there. I do not think that people have problems with deliverys when you aren't there - thats why cards are left. I've never met anyone that tries to post letters like you have stated, but if they do, i doubt they'd even realise what time the letter is meant to arrive or not because they are so braindead. Often even when there is an address, delivery people cant be bothered to look, i've had countless parcels delivered to completely random addresses. Citylink, for me in my area, are by far the worse, taking 3weeks for a next day delivery (it got to my depot on time they were just muppets) - even when i spoke to their regional manager 1.5weeks in they still couldnt manage to deliver it and in the end the manager organised a special truck from another area to come deliver it.

ajm

ajm

Associate
OP
Well thanks everyone for your comments.Looks like it is down to area,just hope next time i order it doesn't come by Citylink for me. :D

Back
Top Bottom