New PC help required

Soldato
Right finally got all the components for my new PC last night hooked it up but cannot get the thing to display on the monitor ,now im usinga 7900GT and the DVI to VGA adapter and after plugging a VGA cable into the adapter and the monitor im not getting any signal, now this is the first PC ive built so ive probably boned something up just a bit unsure what. Everything is connected up the PC actually powers up just cant get a display. Kit is:

AMD 3800+ dual core with a freezer 64
7900GT
enermax 535w
2 x seagate 80gb barracuda SATA drives
DFI lanparty UT NF4 SLI-D

any help will be appreciated.

Associate
Have you connected the graphics card power connector. Not sure on the board specifics - does it have any diagnostic led/light. Check the number against that in the motherboard manual.

Things to check:-

Any beeps from PC speaker
Check ram is fitted correctly
Check motherboard has both power connections in place
Check graphics is correctly fitted
Check CPU is fitted properly and has no bent pins

Soldato
OP
Viberious said:
Have you connected the graphics card power connector. Not sure on the board specifics - does it have any diagnostic led/light. Check the number against that in the motherboard manual.

Things to check:-

Any beeps from PC speaker
Check ram is fitted correctly
Check motherboard has both power connections in place
Check graphics is correctly fitted
Check CPU is fitted properly and has no bent pins

Molex is in the GFX card
right no beeps
ram is in and double checked.
now when you say BOTH power connectors ive got the great big ATX one connected to the motherboard what other one is there?
GFX is in properly
was very careful with the CPU but will check tonight just to be sure.

Soldato
OP
Monstermunch said:
Also check to make sure the gfx card is seated correctly, IME this is the most common reason for this happening!

Ive had it out and in about 20 times it will not go into that slot any further believe me :p I just dont get it whats the basic stuff I need to have connected to get a picture....MOBO PSU GFX CPU RAM??? just want to rule out anything else causing problems.

Soldato
Exentia said:
Molex is in the GFX card
right no beeps
ram is in and double checked.
now when you say BOTH power connectors ive got the great big ATX one connected to the motherboard what other one is there?
GFX is in properly
was very careful with the CPU but will check tonight just to be sure.

The other connector is the 4pin one to the motherboard from the PSU. Try looking at the BIOS maybe a problem there? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Vita said:
The other connector is the 4pin one to the motherboard from the PSU. Try looking at the BIOS maybe a problem there? :confused:

GAH! it may be that, ive just had a thought and there is a 4 pin with nothing plugged in I know it. :o

Soldato
OP
It was that! it was the 4 pin molex (12v) connection on the MOBO wasnt in properly, cant believe i missed that! everything up and running fine now, just have a problem with my Logitech MX laser mouse now but ill start another thread for that.

Back
Top Bottom