1 Weeks Notice

MJ

MJ

Associate
I have to give in my 1 weeks notice to my work but i have no idea what to say in the letter, i have never had to do this before. Everything i have typed so far just sounds really boring or a bit sad for e.g. 'It has been a pleasure working for you', then why am i leavin :p . I have worked there for three years and hate it!!!!

Soldato
When I handed in my notice. My letter was all of about 5 lines long :D

Basically said to them, that it has been very enjoyable for me to work for them over the last year, but have come to a point in my life, that I should be planning on the future. Also that, Im looking for something more stable and somewhere I can progress as a person in the career ladder.

Worked out well.

Onto an apprenticeship now...

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
"Please accept this letter as one weeks notice of resignation."

Addressed, signed and dated of course.

all that is needed - nice and short - when i resigned from a large banking corporation, it was simply :

i hereby give notice of intention that i wish to resgin from my post as " job title" with immediate effect.

yours faithfully

xxxxxx
date
signed

Soldato
I don't think it hurts to add a line saying you enjoyed your time in your current position, or thanking your employer but tbh thats optional and maybe inappropriate depending on the circumstances.

Soldato
As long as you say what needs to be said without being rude then it's fine, giving your notice isn't exactly when perfect english is most important. Saying "Thanks for the opportunities and experience I've had while working for you" or something nice about the company is pleasant as long as it's not completely false.

Soldato
Dear Superdrug.

I have had a great time wearing your purple uniform and serving KY jelly.

I now feel it’s time to move onto another job that isn’t run by morons and that doesn’t suck ass.

Love MJ.

MJ

MJ

Associate
OP
no your rite its superdrug, the best is when women come with somthing like like vagasil. you just look down your nose at them looking discusted LOL :p

Soldato
dear whoever_your_boss_is,

i was in boots the other day and they had some well fit girls there so i've decided to give you my one weeks notice and will be working for them once my termination of employment has been brought into affect. I've enjoyed working here but I feel being an employee for boots will allow me to enhance my social skills and provide me with a career path whilst also allowing me to enjoy the good things in life.

yours sincerly,
mj

Back
Top Bottom