Family just got a Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Soldato
Yesterday we picked up a 98' Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE. It sounds absolutely fantastic, the drive is seriously smooth, looks great, feels great - we are so pleased with it.
We decided to all pay some towards it, so in all didn't cost each of us much. Before you all start shouting 'I hope you aint drivin it thro town!' NO, it won't be used in town. This will be used in the country, it will be used off road at times and it will be used for towing trailers etc...
Can't wait to take this beast off road!!

It came with 1 years comprehensive warranty, had full Land Rover service history, It has been serviced every 6,000 miles.
It had one lady owner from new, just had new tyres and tail gate fitted. I will try and get some pics up later.

Overall, we are all very happy with it, can't believe how nice this baby sounds and how smooth the drive is. We don't care if the patrol is going to cost much as we are all paying towards the patrol prices and this will probably be doing less than 10k miles a year. I might do the odd trip to the lake district or something, but other than that it will be used around the country side.

If anyone is thinking of getting one of these, it is great for the price - but only if you are using it in the countryside, don't buy of these for the town!

rangerover15uq.jpg

rangerover28ap.jpg

rangeroverinterior1xf.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
TaKeN said:
How much does it cost to fill up with fuel ? :)

We don't know yet! Only been driving it for about 3 hours, haven't checked the fuel gauge. So far this is the only bad thing I can think of, fuel prices. I expect they will rise soon as well. :(

Soldato
OP
50/50 said:
I think this was in a episode of top gear. gets around 10mpg in town... owch

With Jeremy clarkson at the wheel, yeah! :D
We don't really mind about the costs in petrol, It's well worth it to have so much fun in this beast.

I will get some pics up in a few hours, the interior is lovely too, almost like new.
I will let you guess how much the car cost when the pics are up.

Soldato
Do a 0-60 (if its automatic use sport mode) and tell me if its quicker than 17 seconds lol

All I have is bad commentary on RR and FL and LRs services as a whole so I will hush, and gratz :) Hope you enjoy!

Soldato
saitrix said:
Should be 0-60 in about 9 to 9.5 seconds. Not bad at all for the size of the thing. :)

Are you taking the pee one five five? :/ I got the figure from a test it was 17 seconds lol. It has its fast moments at random points, meh its by LR what can you expect I guess

Man of Honour
zain said:
Are you taking the pee one five five? :/ I got the figure from a test it was 17 seconds lol. It has its fast moments at random points, meh its by LR what can you expect I guess

It's considerably quicker than that, even the lethargic 2.5 diesel is quicker than 17 seconds.

9.5 sounds about correct.

Back
Top Bottom