Smelling

Soldato
Weird question just popped up in the office (from me) if people who cant see are blind and people who cant hear are deaf then what are people who cant smell called? I mean I really dont know google throws up countless other people asking this same question. :confused:

Soldato
OP
greenlizard0 said:

wrong thats reduced sense of smell its anosmia thats unable to smell.

(yes I know ive just answered my own question kind of :rolleyes: :D )

but is there a name along the lines of deaf and blind?

Edit - wow i was slow there! :p

Man of Honour
Exentia said:
wrong thats reduced sense of smell its anosmia thats unable to smell.

(yes I know ive just answered my own question kind of :rolleyes: :D )

but is there a name along the lines of deaf and blind?

Edit - wow i was slow there! :p

Lol, I put hyposmia first and then dissected the word (pun..) and realised it had to be wrong, so I had to search for a few different prefixes that meant "none" or "lack of"

Man of Honour
I don't know that it is a common enough problem to need a name, it isn't all that serious a disability in the scale of things so maybe that is another reason it hasn't got a specific name that lots of people know. My dad has never had a sense of smell and it doesn't seem to bother him much other than the fact it reduces the sense of taste significantly it would appear.

Soldato
OP
semi-pro waster said:
I don't know that it is a common enough problem to need a name, it isn't all that serious a disability in the scale of things so maybe that is another reason it hasn't got a specific name that lots of people know. My dad has never had a sense of smell and it doesn't seem to bother him much other than the fact it reduces the sense of taste significantly it would appear.

well that makes sense, lack of smell = reduced taste. Meh well Anosmic seems to be the word im looking for, ill let everyone know when they come back from the pub......wait why arent I at the pub? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom