wtf was that!

Soldato
I was just plugging stuff back into my 360 and i touched the silver part of the VGA cable that goes into back of the console and got like an electric shock from it :| Was quite strong as well!

Man of Honour
Was it connected to the TV at the time? It happens sometimes when connecting things up. You should always make sure things are off when you do mess around with them, just in case, as that static discharge can cause damage.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Was it connected to the TV at the time? It happens sometimes when connecting things up. You should always make sure things are off when you do mess around with them, just in case, as that static discharge can cause damage.

LOL this is true :) Ive done it many a time, never learned from it though :p The cables do hold charge, expecially if their plugged into the tv and your tv's switched on.

Paul ...

Associate
The silver strip down the side of the hard drive always gives me a little zap whenever I touch it,, :eek: I thought it was faulty at first but works fine so I dont worry about it now,, :)

Associate
This often happens to me when I'm testing my graphics card for example (reseating it) and have to keep replugging the VGA cable. I get it from my satellite cable as well which plugs into the PCI card.

Back
Top Bottom