• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900GTX owners with sensitive ears...

Soldato
Hey,

Just wondering how does the card's cooler compare noise-wise to a Zalman VF-700/900 set to their lowest speed settings? No fan in my case runs with over 5V including the VF700 I had in their, it is for all intents and purposes silent... is the stock GTX cooler comparable to this?

You aren't allowed to say "yeah it's silent as a shadow mate" if you have like 10 Delta fans and 8 Maxtor HDD's in your rig :p seriously wanna know how adding in this affects an already silenced rig.

Cheers :)

Suman

Soldato
Which heatsink does it have? Those heatpipe ones? If it is then I have a Dell 7800GTX with that and the fan runs at 100% and you cant hear it - quieter than my arctic cooler freezer 64 pro and temps were in 60's at load.

Soldato
Nah lol, well im using a x1800xt atm but I still have the dell 7800gtx on me but im selling it.

But ym spec is.
Wavemaster case
4X Silenx 80mm case fans
Western digital cavaliar 250ks thing
arctic cooler freezer 64 prto cooling 3200 venice.
Think thats all you need to know i think.

Seriously though, that cooler is the only stock cooler ever that performs good enough that doesnt need replacing (leadtek did decent 6800 heatsinks but i still prefer the zalmans over these).
I'm guessing the 7800 cards run hotter than 7900 cards? Well that cooler was silent (not silent nothings silent but i couldnt hear it with the other stuff in my case) and kept the card below 65C always under load, idle of 39 which is preety bloody good for stock, as good as custom cooling, I did overclock fully but no voltmod my card.

Associate
Don't know if this is gonna help, but the only noise I hear is from the case fans. Even when I slow them down, can play with the voltige manually.
I use to have a very noisy x2 fan Gainward 6800GT GLH and this really runs like a dream. ;)

Associate
I had a BFG7800GT OC fitted with a VF700 and I moved to Dell 7800GTX with the heatpipe cooler and it certainly is quiet. This is in a Shuttle SN25P at Ultra-Low fan speeds.

So in response to your question, yes it is as quiet as the Zalman's, if not quieter.

Soldato
OP
Audionut said:
So in response to your question, yes it is as quiet as the Zalman's, if not quieter.

Sweet, that's the phrase I wanted to hear, thanks dude! :D

Vegeta, I did believe you the first time round, just wanted some more opinions!

Cheers,

Suman

Back
Top Bottom