Wii wielding gun

Man of Honour
LOS ANGELES--One of the biggest attractions at this year's E3 is Nintendo's Wii, which features the motion-sensing controller many have nicknamed "the Wii-mote," because of it looks like a television remote control. Gamers aren't limited to just that controller, though. Additional peripherals can be used in its stead or even attached to it.

A separate analog joystick attachment has been known about for a while, and Nintendo revealed the classic controller yesterday, a pad that has two analog sticks as well as a more traditional button set-up.

Today, in the Wii section of Nintendo's booth, a new, unannounced peripheral was shown off in a display case. Dubbed "The Zapper," the new addition to the Wii family is a casing that houses the Wii-mote and the analog joystick in a configuration that looks like a gun.

The purpose seems simple--instead of holding both attachments in one hand (the analog joystick controls movement and the Wii-mote controls aim), one hand can control both.

Source: Gamespot UK

Associate
See See it isnt just sony stealing ideas nintendo stole that idea from igns mock ups that then made back last september (or when ever the controler was first shown off)

sorry Im just trying to find a fault with nintys console but I cant the more I read the more I want it.

Ahh wait a sec just found a fault with the system I dont like the name revolution sounded so much cooler.
Still gonna buy it though but im not going into a games shop and asking for a Wii. Gonna get it online

Soldato
vintage-x said:
Ahh wait a sec just found a fault with the system I dont like the name revolution sounded so much cooler.
Still gonna buy it though but im not going into a games shop and asking for a Wii. Gonna get it online

are you old enough to pass for asking for 'one of those new fangled nintendo thingimybobs'? think you could pull it off?? lol

Associate
JUMPURS said:
are you old enough to pass for asking for 'one of those new fangled nintendo thingimybobs'? think you could pull it off?? lol

Good idea but knowing my luck they`ll give me a DS and I wont say anything to avoid the embarassment

Im only 20 by the way

Soldato
wow

looks cool

Im definitely buying a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, and all the add on gubbinz

Permabanned
Am I the only one hoping for a Wii based light sabre with motion sensors that make it hum and clash like a "real" one?
Then maybe a second controller in the left hand for using Jedi powers?

I'd do some seriously bad things for that.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Am I the only one hoping for a Wii based light sabre with motion sensors that make it hum and clash like a "real" one?
Then maybe a second controller in the left hand for using Jedi powers?

I'd do some seriously bad things for that.
or get 2 wiimotes for dual lightsabers, that would be pretty funny

Permabanned
da_mic_1530 said:
or get 2 wiimotes for dual lightsabers, that would be pretty funny

If they bring out a lightsaber I'll get a Wii. Immediately. My true Jedi potential needs an outlet.

Soldato
mr jamez said:
The Wii controller has a speaker built in doesn't it? though I prefer making the light sabre noises myself.

Wooooaaammm wuuum.
If it can rumble too that would be fantastic. You know there will be a lightsaber based game for it. Lucasarts would not pass up on such an obvious use for the Wii.

Soldato
Looks good - and very similar to both

a) The IGN mock-up
b) The shotgun in Red Steel

Duck Hunt is confirmed, isn't it?

Oh and with regards to a light sabre attachment - why? The Wiimote makes sound (with it's onboard central speaker) and rumbles... it pratically is a light sabre! :D

(A colleague and I were even discussing dual sabre action earlier on the Wii... I've never seen someone so excited lol).

Permabanned
Syph said:
Looks good - and very similar to both

a) The IGN mock-up
b) The shotgun in Red Steel

Duck Hunt is confirmed, isn't it?

Oh and with regards to a light sabre attachment - why? The Wiimote makes sound (with it's onboard central speaker) and rumbles... it pratically is a light sabre! :D

(A colleague and I were even discussing dual sabre action earlier on the Wii... I've never seen someone so excited lol).

Not a light sabre attachment but a full size noise making glowing light sabre controller for the Wii. It would be soooooo much fun.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Not a light sabre attachment but a full size noise making glowing light sabre controller for the Wii. It would be soooooo much fun.

I see what you're saying - I'd just be happy with a Star Wars game with the standard Wiimote :D

Back
Top Bottom