• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

no more 7800s?

Soldato
OP
grr my 7800 gtx xxx was faster than the low 7900gts

i ws lookin for 2 in sli bit later in the year

:( me not happy now. i can see me never geting sli :p

Caporegime
utajoker said:

Tbh in most cases SLI isn't worth it, if you want more power, flog the card you have and put that money towards getting the fastest single card around, it will be less noisey, draw a lot less power, put out less heat and probably give nearly the same performance.

Caporegime
utajoker said:

two 7800 GTX will destroy a single 7900 GT in sli.

but the bug is established.

sell the 7800 GTX and get a 7900 and sli later :p

Associate
I seem to hear the advise, SLI it later, but each time I go to do just that it ends up being cheaper and better to flog the old card and buy 1 new next gen card. Unless you can afford 2 x gfx cards at one time I dont see the point anymore (can you tell I'm miffed at not being able to get hold of an XFX 7800GT Extreme Edition?!?!?)

Caporegime
sepulchre said:
I seem to hear the advise, SLI it later, but each time I go to do just that it ends up being cheaper and better to flog the old card and buy 1 new next gen card. Unless you can afford 2 x gfx cards at one time I dont see the point anymore (can you tell I'm miffed at not being able to get hold of an XFX 7800GT Extreme Edition?!?!?)

pick up 7800 GTX for 140-150 and enjoy sli speed.

kbc

kbc

Associate
sepulchre said:

Definitely agree with that. :) I think SLI is good for first time buyers... i.e. when you're purchasing a system with dual card setup straight away. I personally will never go SLI - one reason because it's ultra expensive (1 high-end card cost a bomb as it is)... and the next generation single card is often newer technology and performs near enough what 2 older cards would... plus it holds its value better. :) Just my opinion. :) I prefer upgrading from mid-range card to mid-range card... though I can't really class my 7900GT as mid-range. :p

Caporegime
sepulchre said:
Would have to be a 7800GT, and for the price i would apparantly be better selling it and putting the funds towards a new 7900GT.

Oh sorry I was going with THE OP.

Yes sell your 7800 GT and get another card 7900 GT for around 30 quid more depending on what you get for it.

Soldato
OP
easyrider said:
sell the 7800 GTX and get a 7900 and sli later :p

that was my plan when i had a 6800 to sli 2 7800s

i will then get a 7900 and wait to sli an something new will come out an i will jus be stuck buying a single card every time :p

Back
Top Bottom